Goodbye

Chrissy POV

In Chrissy's Dream...

Hast du ein Geschenk für mich?

...Hast du ein Geschenk für mich?

I keep hearing this over and over. My hands are in some kind of constraint. My body feels cold and wet. The air smells moist as if I'm somewhere underground. The screams are scarred into my mind. The incessant screams that fill the room with terror. I feel heat near me and someone grabs my hand. I'm not afraid and it's more of a welcoming response. I hold their hand tight and feel their body warmth. I hear her cry as she moves closer to me.

"I'm scared. What if we're next?" She whispers.

Just as I turn to her. The door opens.

Dream ends

I wake up in my bed. Our bed. I haven't been here in so long that it feels foreign. I can smell his scent. It's sweet and warm, it's something I haven't been a witness to in a long time. The sunbeams fight their way through the curtains. It forces me to roll on my other side. I wince in pain as my weight causes pressure to my bottom. That bastard bit me. That sick piece of shit not only tried to rape me but he tried to mutilate me. It's hard knowing that the scar will always be there. Even in death he still wins.

I wipe the tear from my eyes and hear a knock at the door. Before I could answer, it opens. I gasp in shock.

"I thought you were dead!" I say while covering my mouth in surprise. Quickly realizing the pain from my dislocated jaw.

Sammy walked over to my bed. She sat down on the edge next to me. Her troubles seem to weigh heavier than mine. I look at her face and Jesus. It's almost unrecognizable and her arms are bruised and cuts seemed to be semi-healed. Her face is sunken in and she has two black eyes and her lip is swollen and busted.

I grab her hand and get a sense of Deja Vu. My thoughts were interrupted when she leans down and hugs me. We both burst into tears while holding each other.

"What happened?" I ask.

"What did he do to you?" Sammy sits up wiping her eyes and turning the other way.

"I know you didn't want to go. You didn't say anything but I felt it in your body language. You went because of me. I was so stupid. I shouldn't have put us in this situation. I just wanted to have a great time and you're the first girl I've met since I moved here. I was excited and thinking to quickly. I should have known... I'm so sorry Chrissy!" She says as she uncontrollable cries.

"Hey, no Sammy! Don't blame yourself. I was there because I wanted to be." I say to her as I wince sitting up in the bed.

I held her as she cried on my shoulder. "He raped me, Chrissy. Then, he beat me. I don't even recognize myself in the mirror."

"Shh...it's okay. You're safe now and Lorenzo is taking care of everything. No one is going to hurt you anymore." I reassured her.

She stands up and she sniffles and wipes her eyes trying to get herself together.

"I just came in here to check on you before I left. Tell Lorenzo thank you for helping me. Your guard Sergio is taking me home and Lorenzo has him staying with me for a while. I'll call you every day and maybe we can meet up again." She smiles before giving one last embrace.

"I'll love that. See you and take care of yourself!" I yell as she makes her way to the door. She leaves and I slowly swing my legs on the edge of the bed.

I look at my phone and realize the date and time. "Shit, I've been out for three days!" I question my length of slumber.

I sit up and walk into the bathroom. I turn the shower on and begin to undress. I look at my naked body and see how thin I've become. I take the gauze off my ass and see the dried up blood. I get in the shower and wash for about 45 mins. It takes longer than expected due to my struggle to safely wash around my wounds.