A Day With Lulu

Chapter 35: A Day With Lulu

"It's not much, but at least you'll have your own place," Lulu said as we stepped foot in a tiny apartment.

It only had a bedroom and bathroom. Meals being served on the main floor. It was nice, but they probably won't allow a criminal staying in a place like this.

"Lu, when they find out who I am, they won't offer it to me anymore."

"They know who you are, one of my friends parent's own the place." She smiled.

"I don't get why you can't just stay with me?" Ash said as he entered the apartment.

"If I won't stay with Luke, I won't stay with you," I said, crossing my arms to uphold my rule.

He rolled his eyes and walked to the other side of the room, he looked out the window and shrugged. "Nice place."

"I need Luke in order to make my decision," I said to Lulu.

"Why didn't he come with us?" He asked, circling the room.

"They're working."

"Well, we need to know by the end of this week, that's when they'll offer it to someone else," She said.

"Fine," I sighed. "I'll bring Luke here tomorrow."

"So what now?" Ash asked.

"We're going to the mall," Lulu smiled.

"Why?" I asked carefully.

"Prom!" She clapped her hands.

"I don't have money anymore." It's pretty obvious that I have to use up all my money just to find a place. I should just stay at Luke's place. Thankfully his dad hasn't been home that much, so I don't get Luke in trouble often.

"Lola, the place is free. No money required for it." She shook me.

I pushed her arms away. "What do you mean by free?"

"My friend's allowing you to stay here for free!"

"Why?"

"They owe me." She shrugged.

"Fine," I gave in. No point in arguing with her, she's just going to back fire everything at me. "No pink, green, yellow, orange, sparkles, gowns, heels, sandals, slip ons, glitter, puffy sleeves, makeup-"

"Stop," Lulu cuts me off. "That cancels out everything I planned." She pouted.

I smiled. "Good," I said before exiting the room.

~~~~~

"No," I threw the dress back at Lulu.

"That's the tenth one I picked," she complained, puting back the dress. Ten is one to many dresses to choose from for me. I hate shopping and dresses . . . anything girl-y really, but when you have a sister like mine, you'd be forced to shop.

"Well, that's not my fault." I crossed my arms. "Who pays a hundred buck for a dress anyway?"

"Not me," Piper mumbled. "I never had to buy a dress."

"Wait, you're buying a dress?"

She nodded. "Yeah."

"You're not the only one going to prom," Lulu snapped. "Besides, she has a date."

I stopped my tracks and stared at Piper. They both stopped and looked at me. "Who?"

"Mikey," Lulu yelled.

Piper slapped her arm. She cried in pain while Piper rolled her eyes. "I told you not to tell anyone."

"Wait, you and Mikey?" I asked. "When did this happen?" I threw my arms around.