Heartless Lola

Chapter 1: Heartless Lola

It's five a.m. and I've been searching the internet for rape victims at the age of nine around the area, while listening to Criminal Minds in the background.

*Bang*Bang*

"Time for school." Mom yelled.

I rolled my eyes and turned up the volume on the TV.

You're wondering why my mother is banging on my door at five in the morning, telling me to get ready for school. Well, my school starts at six-forty-five a.m. and she has to drop me and my sister off.

School isn't going to help me find Diana's murderer, school's going to waste the time I could be using hunting the bitch down.

"Lola Heart, get your butt downstairs now." Mom yelled.

"In a minute." I yelled back.

"Lola," I heard my twin sister "Have you seen my blue jacket."

"No Lulu." I closed my laptop and turned off the TV before changing into my black skinny jeans and plain black v-neck fitted t-shirt.

I opened the door to see a desperate Lulu "Really? You haven't seen it."

Lulu is my younger twin sister, she looked like me when we were younger, until I started sixth grade and got my piercings and streaks in my hair.

"No, you could check, it would be the only colored clothing I have in here." I tell her as I leave my door wide open for her to look.

She sighed with frustration "Max gave me that for our two year anniversary."

"Well, I don't know where it is." I walked past her and found dad getting ready for work.

"Mom's been talking about therapy again." Dad whispered to me as he grabbed his coffee mug.

"Why?"

"Because you've been in your room all weekend."

"She should know that teens my age stay up in their rooms now, you know the thing called social media." I tell him as I put on my black hoodie

"Lola, why don't you wear that pink jacket I bought you?" Mom asked.

"Can't." I grabbed bread and put in the toaster "I gave it to Lulu."

"Why would you do that?" She put her hand on her hip.

"I don't wear pink." It's quite obvious since I wear nothing but black clothing. I grabbed the nutella out of the cupboard "You've already seen my clothes."

"You could wear something other than black."

"I could..." the toaster dinged and the toast popped up "But I choose not to." Dad chuckled at my response. I finished up my breakfast and waited for Lulu to come down so I could leave then come back already to find the ass hole.

"Students are calling." Dad said as he kissed mom then hugged me goodbye "You know how college students hate waiting."

"Bye dad." Lulu said before he went out the door.

"Finally." I said with exaggeration.

"I care about what I wear." She said to me.

I roll my eyes then grabbed my bag and waited for the two in the car. I honked twice before Lulu came sprinting out with her food being held by her mouth.

Right when we got to school, Lulu ran off to her boyfriend. I, on the other hand went straight to my locker, getting my history textbook that I don't need.