Walking And Talking

Chapter 27: Walking and Talking

I screamed when I felt water hit me, waking Luke. I sat up and watched the sprinklers go off.

"When the fuck did dad get sprinklers?" I yelled, getting soaked in my back yard at dawn.

Luke started laughing and I looked at him like he's a crazy person.

"What's so funny?" I asked slapping his chest.

"This, the situation we're in."

I blinked a couple of times, mostly to get the water out of my eyes, but to look at him with disbelief. He thinks it's funny to see me get soaked?

"Enjoy it, L."

"Did you just call me, L?" I chuckled. He shrugged then sat up taking my hand. "You're weird."

"And?"

"I like it." I smiled and so did he.

"I like you too."

"I never said that."

He leaned in and kissed my cheek. "Well, I just did." He kissed my lips and I felt him smile, which made me smile.

"Are you two just going to sit there all day and make out or are you going to come inside?" Lulu yelled.

I rolled my eyes and got up, taking Luke with me. Our clothes were soaked and clinging to our bodies, I'm in dire need of a shower. I was surprised when we walked through the kitchen, mom didn't yell at us about the water trailing into her house.

"I forgot the basket." Luke said taking his hand away from mine. "I'm gonna get it."

"Yeah, you should go home also. I'll see you later." I said, trying not to be pushy.

"Okay," He kissed my cheek. "I'll be here around ten." I nodded and watched as he left through the back door.

"You really need to title that." I look at the top of the stairs to see Lulu with her arms crossed. "Sooner or later, you're going to lose him if you don't say how you really feel."

"This coming from the girl who didn't tell the guy she liked for three years that she liked him."

"I was lucky, but some things don't always turn out the way it's suppose to be. I mean look what happened between Max and me, we liked each other for the longest time but things ended horribly."

"You're ranting again." I sang.

She rolled her eyes. "Just tell him, don't let him go."

"What am I suppose to do? I don't know how I feel." I crossed my arms.

"One word. Prom." She smiled.

Prom? Really? Me going to prom? I don't want to and neither does Luke . . . Well, because I don't want to go. Should I?

Contemplating if I should go to prom or not, I spent forever in the shower. Time got away from me and Luke was already here when I got out of the shower.

"Five minutes." I yelled rushing into my room, throwing on my clothes as fast as I can. I left my hair dripping wet as I ran downstairs running my fingers through my hair.

"Be home by five," Mom said as I made my way to the front door.

I turned around and found her fixing up the living room. "Why?"

"Mr. Owen is coming over."

"Max's dad?"

"Yes, I've scheduled an appointment for you."