No Simplicity

Chapter 23: No Simplicity

I woke up feeling refreshed. Like, I've had the best night sleep I've ever had. I looked at Luke and saw how his lips were parted and snoring as he was in a deep sleep. I didn't want to wake him, but at the same time I did. He doesn't have to go to school today, so he could just sleep later.

I shook him. "Luke," He groaned and tightened his grip on me. "Good morning, piercings."

He blinked his eyes opened and looked down at me. "Good morning, Heart." He kissed my forehead and smiled.

"I have to get ready now." I whispered.

"Spend the day with me." He buried his head in the crook of my neck and kissed it occasionally.

"As much as I want to lie in bed with you, I have our presentation today."

He groaned. "Why did Max have to start that damn fight?" He muttered.

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Once I got out, I looked at myself in the mirror. A mark was left on my neck. I shook my head as I walked back to my room.

"Out first, I have to change." I said to Luke who was on my laptop, again.

"I won't look."

"Not a chance, piercings."

"Fine," he groaned. "I need to piss anyway."

I rolled my eyes and locked the door, knowing if I don't he'd just walk in, not caring. I quickly changed once I realized that if my dad saw him here he'd freak out.

"Lola," Lulu banged on the door. I ran to it quickly and unlocked, swinging to door open. "You let him stay the night?"

I shrugged. "Is dad awake yet?"

"Not yet, but you should get the out of our bathroom, I need to shower."

"Bathroom's yours." Luke said, cutting into our conversation. He grabbed my hand and lead me to back into my room, pinning me against the door. "Good morning." He smiled.

"We went through that already." I reminded him.

"Do I get a kiss?"

"Youre such a hormonal teenager." I said as I pushed him away.

"It's just one kiss."

"That could lead to something else."

"I hope so." He wiggled his brows.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the poster board out of the closet. "I'm going down for breakfast."

"Do I have to use the window?"

"If you don't want to get me in trouble then yes." I said lingering by the door.

He sighed. "Fine," He walked over and opened it up. "You might want to lock it once I'm out."

I walked over to him and watched as he climbed out. "Don't fall." I chuckled.

"That doesn't help." He snapped.

I locked the window then went downstairs. Mom was eating cereal, while dad was rushing as usual. I set the poster board by the couch and went into the kitchen

"Was someone in your room last night?" Dad asked.

"Luke was."

"Did he stay the night?" I shook my head totally lying to my dad. "Good."

I rolled my eyes and made my usual breakfast. "He's taking me to school today." I said to mom.

"Is Lulu riding with you?" I shrugged as I shoved the toast in my mouth.