Insecurities

Chapter 24: Insecurities

"Don't go in there." Lulu yelled.

I groaned and covered my head with the pillow, blocking out any noise. I don't know who's trying to get in and I don't t care, I just want them to go away.

The door bursted open and I hid myself under the covers. "L."

I rolled my eyes. "Get out."

"I brought some things." I threw my covers off and looked at him, pulling my hair back away from my face. He stood there, holding a backpack. "I figured." He shrugged then sat next to me.

"I hate it." I yelled, sitting up and clenching my stomach.

"Well, I have movies and junk food." He pulled up the bag.

"Thanks, Ash." I smiled.

"Well, I do have some things to talk to you about."

"Like . . . "

"You and Luke."

I groaned and laid back. "Can we not?"

"Is everything okay between you two?" I rolled my eyes. "You can tell me."

I sighed then sat back up. "I thought everything was, but after he spent the night on Monday, everything was different."

"But you see him everyday when he drops you to school, right?"

I nodded. "But he doesn't talk, he just drives and holds my hand. No conversation, nothing."

"Did you ask him what's wrong?"

"He waves it off saying there's nothing wrong." I didn't want to talk about this anymore, I just want to be alone or in this case, watch movies and pig out on junk food. "Can we just watch the movie?"

Cramps suck ass! It really does, I could barely watch the movie due to the pain my abdomen gave me. Why the fuck are we getting punished for not being pregnant? Yes, it's a relief when a boy finds out that his girlfriend has her period because it shows that she's not pregnant, but what the fuck?

"I'm tired," I tell Ash as we got into the middle of the Art of Getting By.

"You never pass up this movie." Ash said with disbelief. He's right, I never pass up this movie, this is my favorite movie.

"I know but I'm just not in the mood right now."

"That bad, huh?"

"You don't even know the feeling."

"Can't imagine . . . " He stared blankly at the monitor. "And I don't think I want to."

I chuckled. "Thanks for trying."

"Any time, L. I'm not going to leave you anymore." I nodded and gave a small smile. "I'll be here this time, whenever you need me, even if you want to talk about Luke."

I shook my head. "I didn't think you would go for that."

"I lost you once and I'm not going to do it again. You may not be with me like I hoped, but I want to stay in your life."

"You will." I promised.

"So do you want to talk or continue the movie? I wouldn't mind talking."

This is Ashton, the same Ashton in seventh grade. He wasn't Mr. Popular anymore or a bitch for that matter, he was just his goofy caring self. I definitely want him to stay in my life and I'm not going to push him away anymore.

"Actually, I want you to meet someone." He raised a brow. I chuckled and pulled him off my bed.

"Her name is Piper, and there's something else." I said as we pulled up to the hospital.