Fights and Scolding

Chapter 21: Fights and Scolding

"You know what I never thought of?" I asked as we walked to our lockers.

"What's that?" He asked, squeezing my hand.

"If Max couldn't have done it, since he was our age, it could be someone in his family, right?" Max's dad could've looked like him a few years ago, right?

He shrugged. "Possibly." He opened his locker and shoved his books in. "Are we going to the cafeteria or the library?"

I shrugged. "I always choose, why not you?"

"You're being nice . . . and it's scaring me," He chuckled. I punched his arm then he grabbed my waist, pulling me to him. "I like the library, it's quiet there," He whispered.

"I hope you're not getting any ideas, piercings," I whispered back.

"I might have a few," He smiled.

"Get off him," I heard Lulu yell down the hall. I looked at Luke then he grabbed my hand as we ran over to the commotion. "Max, stop!"

"Speak of the devil," I muttered.

Max pushed Calum to the lockers. Calum didn't fight back while Max kept pushing him. Lulu yelled at Max to stop, but he didn't listen.

"You said you'd never speak to her again, you fucking liar," Max yelled.

"Stop, please," Lulu cried.

"Should we do something?" I whispered to Luke.

He went in and pulled Max back. "Back off," He said as he pushed him away.

Lulu ran to my side, hugging my arm and crying on my shoulder. She whispered constantly for them to stop. I patted her head and watched the fight continue.

"No," Max said pushing him. "This isn't you business, so stay," one push. "Out," two push. "Of it," he shoved him hard.

I stepped forward but Lulu held me back. "One more strike," She whispered, reminding me that I can't hurt anyone or cause a scene.

"I can't just stand here and watch this go down," I argued.

"Think about Luke, what's going to  happen to him if you go to jail?"

I hate it when she's right, I hate when I have a reason not to intervene. I hate being eighteen, I'm legal enough to get arrested, but not legal enough to drink.

"Get Ashton," I whispered. She nodded then ran.

"He's my friend, so it is my business," Luke defended Calum. "He didn't do anything to you."

"He stole my girlfriend-"

"You broke up with her," Calum spoke.

"Shut your mouth, bitch," He pointed at Calum. "You said-"

"I didn't know that this was going to happened," Calum snapped. "This is your fault to begin with, you broke her heart without an explanation."

Just like that, Calum was punched in the face and Luke pulling Max, trying to get Max off of Calum. Calum didn't fight back at all, he just stood there like he deserved to be punched. Max turned around and punched Luke. I had to hold myself back, I couldn't risk getting arrested. I just stood and watched everything go down.

Luke threw a few punches but didn't hit him as much as he got hit. Once he was on the floor I was yelling for the fight to stop. Where the fuck are the teachers at?

"Get off him," I yelled as Max beat Luke's face

"Max," Ashton yelled, pushing people it of the way. "Dude, man, what the fuck?" He pulled Max off of Luke, pinning him against the lockers.