Prologue

I'm Lola Heart, people around town call me The Freak or Heartless Lola, not very clever names. I'm not like others obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be telling you this. I'm not Ms. Popular, I'm not a nerd, I'm not average. I'm probably below average when it comes to being an average teenage girl.

When I was nine, my best friend, Diana and I went camping with her family and my twin sister Lulu. It was late and we couldn't sleep, we went to the lake and talked about our future, promising we'd stay best friends till we die. Turns out our friendship ended within two hours. She was taken and raped, found dead. I vowed not to have any other best friend until I find her murderer.

Years passed and I got older, wiser and I've been hunting the guy who killed my best friend. Mom and most of the population of town say I'm obsessing over the loss of my best friend, I say I'm doing this for Diana.

Oh yeah, details. I'm eighteen, have brown hair with blue streaks, piercings on my left eyebrow, oh and no one dares to talk to me. Well, no one did until this Australian guy, with a lip piercing, and ripped Nirvana shirts talked to me on his first day. Since telling him to ask around about me, he won't leave me alone.

I wasn't planning on posting this until I was ready but here it is. I'm posting this for Leyda Marrero since today is her birthday and she is an incredible reader, writer, and person especially.

Warning, there will be loads of cussing/cursing/swearing/etc. whatever else you call those things.

All Rights Reserved