Fairness

Chapter 11: Fairness

I heard groaning from upstairs and the front door open. I quickly sat up and shocked when I saw his dad.

"Who are you?" he asked.

I probably look like one of those people who sneak into a random persons home and just sleep on their couch.

"Lola Heart. I'm Luke's classmate."

"What are you doing in my house?" He barked. Rude much.

"Your son asked if I could come over. I didn't know how late it was and I crashed on the couch." I explained.

"Did he drink?"

"Uh..." I didn't know what to say, I mean, his dad is the one asking the question.

"He did, didn't he?" I nodded. He sighed. "Thanks for taking care of him."

I heard footsteps come down the stairs and groaning.

"Luke Robert." His dad said looking at him.

Luke walked past him and went into the kitchen. I got up and followed him. "You stayed?" He asked.

I shrugged "Had no choice. You were drunk and I didn't have a ride home."

"Well, good morning." he kissed my cheek.

I pushed him. "What the hell, piercings? I told you not to do that." I wiped his kiss off my cheek, again.

He shrugged and handed me a bottle of water "Thanks for staying."

"No problem. Calum helped too."

"Yeah," he scratched the back of his neck "I'll call him later."

"I should probably get home. As much as I love pissing off my mom, I should get home."

"I'll take you," I nodded "After breakfast."

I rolled my eyes "How are you not sleeping? Don't you have a hangover?"

"Yeah, but I've been doing this for awhile now." I rolled my eyes. "But yeah, I do have a killer hangover."

"Luke," I heard his dad.

He ignored him and grabbed a box of cereal and two bowls.

"Luke," his dad yelled.

"What?" he yelled back. "So I was thinking of taking you out later." he said pouring the cereal.

"Where the hell are my papers?" his dad yelled.

"I don't know." Luke said. He put his attention back to me "And maybe take you out for a little pool again."

I creased my forehead. He was being so cool for a guy who drank almost six bottles of vodka and his father being home when he's been out all night.

"I'm going to go." I said patting his shoulder.

"What, why?"

"I have some things to figure out and so do you." I tell him before leaving him in his kitchen.

I walked out of his house and felt the spring breeze hit me. It was cold but I have to manage. I mean Luke brought me here and now I have no way of getting home. He has things he needs to figure out and so do I.

I can't believe I almost forgot about her, I never did before and this was kind of scaring me. Every day, I would spend my time looking for suspects, looking for answers to why my best friend was raped and killed. Something's changed which made me forget about her.

As I walked to the cemetery, I found Mikey coming out of the court house in a suit, his hair was black and he was walking with another person. Same height as Mikey but looks a year younger.