Mr. Popular

Chapter 7: Mr. Popular

Days passed since Luke took me out. Ever since then he's been over and taking me to the cemetery. The only reason why is because Mikey has been ignoring me. I texted, called and even stopped by his house to talk to him but he didn't want to speak to me.

Besides Mikey ignoring me, Luke has been keeping me company. He took me to Calum's the other day. We agreed on me wearing a black wig but not Luke accompanying me as my boyfriend. Luke wants to meet Piper with me and won't let Calum help me unless he goes, since he's the one that got Calum's help on this case. I had no choice but to agree.

"Good morning, Heart." he smiled as he opened his locker.

"Hey Piercings." I closed my locker.

"So today's plan."

I crossed my arms and leaned on my locker as I faced him "What plan?"

"Luke Hemmings." he chimed as he patted his back "I see the freak is still bothering you."

I rolled my eyes "Go away, Ashton." I said to him.

He ignored me and continued to talk to Luke "You should come hang out with me and Max after school, we're going to see this band in town."

"I'll see you later." I told Luke before walking away.

As I walked down the hall, I spotted Mikey at his locker. I walked up to him and closed it shut.

"What the hell?" He yelled.

"Why the fuck are you ignoring me?" I asked.

"Go to your boyfriend." He flung his backpack over his shoulder and walked away.

I caught up to him "He's not my boyfriend, he's helping me."

"So was I."

"Mikey, I'm sorry."

"Save it Lola." I stopped and watched as he walked away.

What have I done?

When lunch came, I went into the library. I didn't really want to see Luke right now since Mikey's mad because of him. I sat in the back hidden, in between the shelves and stared at my phone, waiting for Mikey to reply to my messages.

"Get up." I looked to see Ashton approaching me.

"Leave me alone." I said not listening to his command towards me.

"Lola-"

"Go away, you made it clear the other day that I don't belong here. I'm doing you a favor by not showing my face around much, which you know I rarely do." I put my phone in my pocket and grab my bag, getting up to leave him.

"Lola, I need to talk to you." he said following me out of the library.

"No thanks." I walked out of the school and headed towards the cemetery.

"I'm sorry." I stopped walking "I'm sorry I did that to you."

I slowly turned around to see him standing at least six feet away from me. "You had five years to tell me that, instead you call me a freak. I don't accept your stupid apology."

"Please."

"Fuck you, Ashton Irwin." I spat at him "Just stay out of my way just like everyone else." I turned around to head to the cemetery.

"I loved you." he sighed "That's why I got mad when you pushed me away, I thought you didn't love me either."

I turned back around "How couldn't you love me, we were thirteen."