Repairing A Friendship

Chapter 19: Repairing A Friendship

After Luke dropped me home, I got a text from Piper, asking me to come over soon. I couldn't promise her anything, so I told her some time next week, if possible. It's midnight and I can't sleep at all. I've tried everything to entertain me, but I couldn't grow tired.

I went for a walk, I know it's dangerous to go out at midnight, but I need something to make me tired. I was outside his house, banging erupted from inside. I know he's awake, so I walked up to the keypad to the garage and opened it.

"Why are you up so late?" I asked, smirking at him.

"What are you doing here?" His eyes wide, obviously surprised to see me.

I shrugged as I walked inside the garage. "I couldn't sleep."

"Why are you here?"

"Something brought me here." I looked around, the place was exactly the way I remember it, besides the drums. "I never got to ask when did you start playing?" I tapped on his symbol, he quickly grabbed it to stop the vibration. I held my hands up in surrender.

"Since you stopped talking to me." He set his sticks on his snare and sighed. "I want to go back to that day."

"I would never want to go back to that day, it was the worst day of my life," I chuckled.

"Well, it was mine too."

"I can't imagine," I muttered.

"Do you think things would be different, if I didn't make that move?" I looked at him, sincerity in his eyes. Would've it been different if he did? Would me and him still be as close as ever?

I shrugged. "I don't know, I've never thought about it."

"I have, every day since then."

"Ash-"

"I'm sorry, no need to talk about this now," He waved the subject away. "Let's go inside."

I nodded and followed him, we walked into the kitchen and started the coffee pot. I pulled out two coffee mugs out of the cupboard. He chuckled while filling the two cups.

"What?" I asked.

"You still remember where everything is."

I chuckled. "Yeah, I know it's been awhile."

"It's been five years."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the sugared cinnamon and whip cream. I handed it to him as he sprayed the whip cream then sprinkled cinnamon to top it off.

"Well, it's not my fault that you keep everything in the same place." I mocked.

"Living room?" He asked as he handed me my cup.

"Where else?" I asked as I walked ahead of him.

"How was the concert?" He asked as he sat next to me. "I have a feeling he took you anyway."

"It was fine," I answered then took a long sip. "I mean, the only entertaining thing there was what was going with me."

"Conceited much?" He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and stared at the blank TV. "No, some drama went down and I found it better than the band that was playing."

"So they were that bad, huh?"

I chuckled. "So bad," I set my cup on the coffee table and faced him.

"How are thing with you two?" No bitterness nor jealousy in his tone, just a curiosity.

She's a Challenge | 5sos AUOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara