No Fighting

Chapter 15: No Fighting

"Nice." He said admiring the poster board. "How long did it take you?"

I shrugged. "Two hours."

He chuckled then kissed my cheek, I quickly pushed him away and wiped the kiss off. He chuckled then grabbed my waist, making us both fall on my bed.

Mom and dad left yesterday to get me at aunt Laurens. I called aunt Lauren and told her to make an excuse, saying I came back for unknown reasons.

"You can't keep doing that." He whispered and tightly wrapped his arms around me.

I rolled my eyes and tried to push him away. "Luke." I yelled.

"You have to get use to it, Heart." He smiled.

"I'm not going to get use to it." I crossed my arms and made my back face him.

"You will eventually." I turned around and slapped his arm. "What was that for?" He gaped.

"For telling Tara Bradshaw that I'm you girlfriend." I snapped.

"You are." He yelled.

"We never establish relationship status." I reminded him.

"To me, you're my girlfriend. I don't know what I am in you eyes but in mine, you're my girlfriend." He said softly. "I don't care who knows about me being with you."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't be sappy." I pulled away from his arms and sat up.

The door opened and Lulu peeped in. "They're home." She whispered.

I sighed then looked back at Luke. "I'll be back."

"Kiss first." He sat up and smiled.

"No," He pouted and tugged on my arm. "No, piercings." I chuckled.

"Please, just one." I rolled my eyes and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "That's all I get?" He complained.

"I'll be back." I tell him before leaving him pouting in my room. I chuckled as I closed my door.

I walked carefully downstairs, hoping mom won't yell at me. They weren't in the living room though, I peeped into the kitchen and saw mom rubbing her forehead while dad rubbed her back.

"She came back? Laura said she came back." Mom said. "She's probably hiding again."

"Mom?" I spoke.

She looked up at me and sighed. "Lola," she ran over to me and hugged me. "Where have you been?"

I hugged her back. "I told you, I was at Aunt Laura's."

She pulled away and looked at me. "Why did you run off?"

"I was going through something, mom. I always am." I shrugged.

"No more running away, you have to talk about your problems, Lola." I rolled my eyes knowing where this is going. "I know you don't like it but you have to vent to someone and not just Diana's tombstone."

"How do you know she's not listening?" I asked. "She may not be here but she could be watching me, listening to what I say."

"You need someone to respond and help you through it."

"I'm not going to therapy, we had a deal already."

"She's right." Dad said.

"You're not helping." She said through her teeth.

"Mom, I just got home, let's not fight." I said.

"Okay," She pursed her lips.

"I'm not leaving this time." I assured her. She nodded and smiled. "I'll be upstairs."