Day Gone Wrong

Chapter 32: Day Gone Wrong

"Lola," Luke and I stopped walking to turn around to see who was calling me. Max. "Hey," he panted. "Ashton and I are throwing a party after prom."

"Okay . . . " I said with a tone meaning 'get to the point'

"Ash is wondering if you want to go," he shrugged.

I looked at Luke and he gave me a subtle shake of his head. "We'll think about it," I answered Max.

"Cool," he smiled. "See you guys around."

I rolled my eyes as I watched disappear into the parking lot. I sighed and continued our journey to Luke's car.

"We're not going," Luke said as we sat in our respective seats.

"But it's Ash, we have to go," I said.

"I don't care, Max can be using him to get to you. You know what we think of his dad."

"But it's not about Max, it's about Ash. He's our friend."

"But his friend has a dad trying to take you down," he snapped. "We're not going."

I nodded, "Okay, we won't go," I mumbled.

He sighed the reached for my hand, "You have one more strike left, I don't want you to go to jail."

"But how can I go to jail for going to a harmless party?"

"Drugs, alcohol. Lola, those things will be at the party and you'd get in trouble for it."

"I won't," I snapped. I won't do any of those things, I won't drink, I won't smoke. Those things are in the past now and I guess I'm a better person, according to Ashton. Luke knows I'm way past that, that I'm not going to be stupid and get myself arrested.

"I know you won't. But, Lola, you're eighteen, they'll blame you for anything."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, I won't go then," I crossed my arms and slumped in my seat. "Take me home."

He started the car and drove off. The radio was off and I can feel the tension in the car. I'm not in the mood to talk to him right now. He's making all these excuses for me not to go to the party. Why? Because of Max, that bitch. I want to go for Ash, not Max.

"Say something," he said, gripping the steering wheel.

"Why?" I asked carelessly.

"I don't like it when you're quiet, especially when you're mad," he answered.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not in the mood for talking."

"Just . . . are you staying home or coming with me?"

I sighed, "I'm just going to grab clothes like I said."

"Okay," he loosened his grip.

I just grabbed my clothes, not bothering to tell my parents where I'm off to. Dad trusts me and I obviously don't give a damn about what my mom thinks. If I'm okay with one parent then I'm okay with both. Well, that's my logic and it usually works.

"Where are you going?" Mom's voice stopped me from leaving.

"To Luke's house," I answered reaching for the doorknob.

"You're staying here." I let go of the doorknob and faced her. I furrowed my brows as I watched her put her hands on her hips. "You're staying here," she repeated.

"No, I'm going to Luke's house."

"Go upstairs," she ordered me.

"What? No," I snapped. "I'm going to Luke's house whether you like it or not."