Banners and Stuffed Penguins

Chapter 31: Banners and Stuffed Penguins

"I've talked to the librarian and she said yes." Ashton spoke. "She said lunch only."

"That's all the time I need." I said, clutching my phone as I reached for the cereal box.

"Where are you?" He asked, with his high pitched voice.

"I'm still at Luke's."

"I thought you'd be home within the hour."

"I would've done that, but like you said, progress." I shrugged. "Is everything ready though? Did you pick up Piper?"

"Didn't need to, she told me she's enrolling today."

I smiled. "That's great, now we don't have to sneak her into school." I was still struggling to grab the box of cereal.

He chuckled loudly while I groaned in frustration. Why does that damn cereal have to be on the tallest shelf? "What are you doing?"

"Trying to get some cereal, I'm fuckin' hungry."

"Why isn't Luke getting it for you?"

"He's still sleeping, he'll probably have a killer headache when he wakes up."

"That drunk?"

I sighed. "No, he sobered up a bit, but he's still agitated."

"Who's agitated?" I heard his voice enter the kitchen.

"Got to go." I mumbled to Ash before hanging up.

"Who was that?" He asked, grabbing the cereal.

I scowled at him, he just shrugged and made his way to the island, sitting on the stool. "It was Ash, he brought me here last night, if you didn't know."

He rolled his eyes, "what were you two talking about?"

"Piper." I shrugged. I'm not lying to him at least, it just wasn't fully the topic. "She's enrolling today."

"That's great," he smiled. "Are you going to be hanging out with her?"

I shrugged and grabbed the bowls. "Maybe."

"You have any clothes?" He asked, pouring the cereal as he reminded my of my unexpected sleepover last night.

"No," I shook my head as I grabbed the milk out of the fridge. "I didn't plan on coming here until you called."

"Maybe you can wear some of my clothes?"

I shrugged. "Maybe. If they fit me."

"It will fit." He smirked.

"How are you so sure of that, piercings? They'd be big on me."

"You look good in my shirts." He got up and walked towards me. He put his hands around my waist. "I'd rather have you wear my clothes than your own."

I rolled my eyes. "I like my clothes,"

"I like you in mine." He whispered in my ear.

I skipped breakfast because Luke wanted to find me something to wear for the day. I suggested to stop by my house and grab clothes, but he wanted me to shower at his place. I stuck to one of his Nirvana shirts- that was surprisingly my size- along with his red flannel shirt and my skinny jeans that were washed while I was in the shower.

Like I asked, Lulu brought my bag to school. She threw it at me when I was walking towards her, but at least I got it. Lulu, unlike everyone, doesn't seem scared of me when I'm mad.