Fortune Cookies

Chapter 40: Fortune Cookies

He smiled at me, sinking his shot. I smiled back. The boys groaned and wanted to kick him off the table. They were all losing and Luke was kicking their ass. They formed one team then challenged Luke to play against them. Wrong choice.

"Why did we do this again?" Calum asked, still acting like a sap. He's been a bitch since we left the house. "His girlfriend is a pro too."

"Because he's going to pay for dinner," Ashton said before taking his shot.

"Remember, if I win, you're paying for my dinner. Lola's too," Luke said, wrapping his arms around me. He kissed my head and swayed us side to side.

"Damn it, L," Ashton muttered, missing the pocket.

"That's your fault, you agreed to this arrangement," I laughed.

"You shouldn't have put me on your team," Vance said.

"I didn't know you were going to suck this bad," Ashton defended himself.

"Well, Mikey should've told you." Vance threw his arms around

"I forgot," Mikey argued, shoving the stick at his cousin.

"They're always fighting," Piper laughed.

"They never stop, that's the problem," I said.

We watched the cousins bicker until Ashton agreed on paying for dinner. That shut them up and we went on with our lives. Luke hasn't let me out of his sight since we left the house. I had to give back Calum's keys and stay with Luke the whole time. Even to get his damn phone replaced.

"Panda Express!" Mikey yelled as we walked through the door, charging towards the line of people.

"So today, while Calum was crying and you were at school, I read Frankenstein," Luke said as we stood in line.

"I can't believe you still remember that," I said, laughing.

"How could I not?" He wrapped his arm around me. "It was our first date."

"You read the whole book today?" I raised a brow. It took me more than a day to finish that book, since it was for a class that I didn't really care about.

"Some," he shrugged. "Then I went online to find the summary of the book."

"Lazy," I muttered.

"At least I understand it now," he laughed. He ordered for me then we sat down with everyone else.

Small talk here and there, but mostly bickering and food sharing. We all saved our fortune cookies, so we can open it after we ate. Mikey was taking forever to finish and everyone was getting impatient. I didn't want to read the fortune that comes out of these bogus cookies, I just wanted to eat the damn cookie.

"Can you hurry up?" Vance asked.

Mikey rolled his eyes and finished eating. "There," he said with his mouth full. "You happy?"

"Let's just open it," Ashton said, breaking his fortune cookie. "Mine says, 'You could prosper in the field of wacky inventions'. Whatever that means."

"'You have the ability to overcome obstacles on the way to success'," Piper said, smiling.

"'A surprise treat awaits you', that means ice cream. Who's paying?" Mikey asked all giddy.

"It means the cookie, you idiot," Vance said. "Mine says, 'If your work is not finished, blame it on the computer'. I'm going to use that excuse now," Vance said, shoving his cookie in his mouth.