Chapter 37

Matthew's P.O.V

The football game ends and Hayes goes back to his room, probably to talk to Lillian. The rest of us are just sitting around and watching a random show when Carter springs from his seat and looks at me.

"Matthew... Lillian's been here for a few days now and we haven't pranked her yet." Carter says with a mischievous smile.

"No way, bad idea." I say. "Lillian seems really sweet and she is most of the time, but don't let it fool you. She will kill us if we prank her."

"Come on Matthew. It'll just be a really quick one. So we can post in on vine." Nash says.

"Yeah like dumping a bucket of water on her or something." Cameron says.

"Yes that's perfect!" shouts Carter. Then they all look at me waiting for my answer.

"Fine." I give up. "But we all take the blame not just me."

"Let's get planning!" Cameron cheers.

Hayes' P.O.V

I go into Lillian's room, well our room, after the game just to see how she's doing.

"Lillian?" I see her sitting on the bed and she looks up at me. "What was all that at lunch about?"

She rolls her eyes. "It was nothing I overreacted."

"Lillian I hope you don't mind me asking but do you have an eating disorder?"

She sighs. "I used to, last year. I don't know why I made such a big deal about what Matt said I mean my best friend and I make jokes about it all the time. I just think it's because Matt seriously thought my bulimia came back and it made me feel like he thinks I'm not strong enough to stop."

"It's alright. I totally understand. Do you think we can start over?"

"Start over? What do you mean?" She asks.

"I mean I feel like you don't like me. And I don't know if it's because of Courtney or because of Matthew or just because of me, but I really want to be friends."

"Why do you want to be friends with me? You've only known me for about a week." She asks.

"True but when I left North Carolina to come here a left all of my friends behind. I know I have the boys, but sometimes it's nice to have somebody your own age and here you just don't know if someone likes you for you or your success."

"Fine Hayes. But don't bring Courtney over anymore."

"Don't worry I won't. I'm actually gonna dump her."

"You are? Why?" She asks.

"Because you don't like her so I don't like her."

"No please Hayes don't break up with her because of me. I don't want to be that girl." She says and before I can answer Nash opens the door.

"Come on you two, time for dinner."