Chapter 11

Lillian's P.O.V

Alex's brother pulls up to the high school. "Bye lovebirds." he says teasingly. Alex gives him the finger before we get out of the car.

First period goes by fast and I'm glad because I'm ready for the weekend. I'm walking to my locker when a tall blonde girl steps in front of me. "Hi." she says perkily, "I'm Maryann." she sticks out her hand.

"I'm Lillian." I say and shake her hand. Why is an upperclassman talking to me? I'm pretty sure she's a junior.

"You're Matthew Esponosa's sister right?" Oh. That's why. She's only talking to me because of my dumb brother.

"Uh yeah." I say awkwardly.

"OMG his vines are so funny!" she giggles.

"Thanks..." I don't know what else to say.

"So anyway a couple of girls are having a little party at my house. It's a slumber party and we'll do all the usual stuff you know pillow fights, talking about boys, makeovers..." Okay where is this going?

"Sounds like a blast." I mumble.

"So are you in?" she ask me.

"What? You want me to come?" What's going on?

"Totally!" she says overly excited. Why would she invite me? She's a junior and actually has more than one friend. She popular.

But it could be fun... it's only girls and it's just a sleepover, it's not even really a party. I'm gonna show Matt I can get along fine without him.

"Okay." I tell her and a huge smile grows on her face.

"Great! Here's my number." she hands me a small piece of paper. "Text me your address and I'll pick you up at six." she then flips her hair, turns around and walks away.

What just happened?