Chapter 24

Alex's P.O.V

We get to my aunt's house pretty late. Lillian and I want to go to bed so my aunt shows us to our rooms. Mine is right next to Lillian's which is good in case she has a nightmare.

Lillian goes upstairs but I decide to stay with my aunt for a while. We watch a couple episodes of a TV show and I decide to go to bed because it's almost midnight. I tell my aunt goodnight and head upstairs.

I walk past Lillian's room and see her light is still on. "Lillian?" I ask from her doorway. She's pacing the floor but sits on the edge of her bed when she sees me. "Why are you still up? You should get some sleep you have a big day tomorrow." I tell her.

"I know. I'm just so nervous. Matthew doesn't know I'm coming so I don't know how he'll react. I've only met two of his friends what if the rest don't like me? And they're famous. Everywhere we go people will see them and take pictures of us. What if I have to talk to people?"

"Come down Lil you're worrying way too much about this. You're going to have fun I know it. Just don't have too much fun with those California boys." I tell her and she laughs. "Seriously Lil. My cousin moved there for college and she said some of the boys are jerks and are only after one thing. That's just some of them not all but still be careful."

"I will. I don't think boys will be a problem for me though."

"What are you talking about. You're the nicest person ever and not to mention you're very pretty. But I don't want anyone taking advantage of you just because you're innocent and nice and you don't know any better."

"Thank you Alex. Can we go to bed now?" She yawns.

"Of course." I hug her and kiss the top of her head. As I walk out I turn off her light and say, "I'm in the next room of you need anything."

She didn't have a nightmare that night.