Chapter 34

Matthew's P.O.V

I decide to get up earlier than usual so I can make everyone breakfast. I hear footsteps behind me and turn around to see my sister. "Oh hey Lilly. You're up early."

"So are you." she says back.

"Well I'm making breakfast." I notice her bloodshot eyes and the dark circles under them. "Is everything okay?"

"Just another bad dream." she says sits down at the table.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" I ask her concerned.

"Not really. After I woke up from the nightmare I didn't want to fall asleep again."

"Aw Lil you could've gotten me or slept in my room."

"No it's fine I should probably learn to handle this on my own." she says.

As much as it pains me to hear that I know it's true. I can't coddle her forever. "So... have you talked to Hayes lately?" I ask her.

"Um, no not really." she says, picking at her fingernails.

"I know yesterday kind of stressed you out, but don't worry because today we're just staying here and hanging out. There's no guests you have to meet or anything." I laugh.

"Okay." she replies still picking at her nails.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" I ask her because something seems to be bothering her. She looks up at me.

"What? No. Why do you ask? Is there something you wanted me to tell you or..." she says quickly which made her seem suspicious.

"Nope just wondering. So do you want to help me make breakfast?"

Lillian's P.O.V

When Matthew asks me to help with breakfast I want to say yes so bad. I love to cook, well loved to cook. I stopped once my eating disorder developed. I knew that if I made food I would eat it, so I stopped. Now that I think about it I pretty much stopped all the hobbies I did because of my depression.

"So... do you want to." Matt snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Um... not really."

"Oh come on I thought you loved to cook."

"Yeah. Loved. As in not anymore. Besides it was a while ago soI won't be any good at it anymore." I say.

"Come on Lillian help me out. I'm a terrible cook. Usually Hayes does the cooking but I think he should get a break." he laughs.

"Uh, o-okay I guess." I'm actually kind of nervous I have no idea why though.

"You make the eggs." Matthew hands me an egg carton. "And then I'll make the toast because it's easy." he smiles at me.

I decide on making scrambled eggs because I think they're the easiest. I crack a few eggs into a bowl.

"Look at that." Matt says to me. "You can still crack an egg with one hand."

And suddenly I remember why I like cooking so much. It makes me happy. And before I know it, I'm cooking like I never stopped.