Chapter 21

Lillian's P.O.V

I sit on the bathroom floor alone. I hold my blade in my hand and just stare at it, unsure of what to do next. My thoughts are too mixed up.

Use it. You know you want to. You need that blade.

Don't use it. Just throw it away. It's not worth it.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when there's a knock at the door.

"You almost done Lilly? We should probably get going." Alex says through the door.

I quickly put my blade into my bathroom bag. "I'm coming." I say back. Alex and I decided that I should only take the bare necessities like a toothbrush and a few pairs of clothes.

I open the door and Alex is still on the other side.

"I have the whole thing planned." Alex announces, "We'll walk to the bus stop and the bus will take us to the airport. We'll take a plane to my aunt's house in Arizona and spend the night there then next day you'll take a cab to L.A. on your own and go see your brother. Sound like a plan?"

"How are we suppose to afford plane tickets?" I ask him.

"My aunt said she'll buy them. She wants to meet you."

Oh yeah. I forgot Alex's aunt is super rich.

"Wait she wants to meet me?" I ask Alex.

"Yeah! I've mentioned you once or twice and she thinks you sound awesome so she wants to meet you."

"Now I'm nervous."

"Don't be. My aunt is super chill. We're gonna miss the bus if we don't hurry up. Shall we go?"

I grab my bags and head down the stairs with Alex.

"Don't you want to tell your dad that you're leaving?" Alex suggests.

"No it's fine. Can we just go?" I say and we leave my house.