Chapter 14

Lillian's P.O.V

Maryann pulls into her driveway. Woah... her house is huge. She jumps out of the car, runs to the trunk, and grabs my stuff. "Come on let's get you ready for the party!" This should be fun.

Her room is about three times bigger than mine and very pink. She has a king sized bed a walk in closet. She takes me over to her vanity and starts on my makeup. "Is that a hickey?" she points to the bruise that my dad have me earlier today.

"What? No."

"I'll cover it."

She finishes and I look in the mirror. Gold eyeshadow, pink lip gloss, little bit of blush. Honestly, I think I look pretty good which is something I don't usually think about myself.

"Let's go to my sister's room." Maryann takes me to a room down the hall. For the most part it looks like a smaller version of her room. "My sister is at my dad's house right now and you'll fit into her clothes better than mine." She hands me a short sleeved., dark purple dress. "I'll let you change. I'll be in my room." Maryann leaves and shuts the door.

I put on the dress and look in the full length mirror that's in the room. It stops just before my knees which is a little shorter than I would pick but I liked it.

I head back to Maryann's room and she's already dressed and has her makeup done. She's wearing a skin tight red dress and dark smokey eyeshadow. She finishes putting her hair up in a bun and hands me a headband.

"Wow Lillian you look really good." then Maryann gasps.

"What?" I ask her. She points to my wrist. Oh no she sees my cuts. She rummages through her jewelry box and pulls out a bracelet. "Here put this on." she hands me the bracelet. "I won't tell anyone."