Chapter 17

Lillian's P.O.V

I can't believe Matthew called me. I know that I called him first but I'm surprised that he actually called back. Either way I thought he would miss me a little more.

"Lillian!" I hear Maryann yell. "Let's go we're playing a game." A game? I go into the other room.

"What game are we playing?" I ask to no one in particular.

"Truth or dare." says Maryann. Oh great. I sit down in the circle. "Hey Nate, how about you go first." she tells the boy in the black shirt.

"Okay then Maryann, truth or dare?" Nick asks her.

"Truth." she states.

"Aw you're no fun." Nick teases.

"Just ask the question." Maryann says annoyed.

"What color underwear are you wearing?" He asks.

"Pink."

"You didn't even check."

"I think I know what color underwear I have." Maryann rolls her eyes. "Okay Shane. Truth or dare?"

"Dare!" Shane yells.

"I dare you to give Naomi a lap dance." says Maryann.

"Fine. Best dare ever." He finishes his dare and sits back down in the circle. "My turn. Um... Lillian." he looks at me. "Truth or dare?"

"Uh truth." I say nervously.

"Why do girls always pick truth?" complains Shane.

"Because boys pick gross dares." replies Maryann.

Shane turns back to me. "Who do you have a crush on?" What? Nobody.

"I don't have one on anybody." I don't think I do. Everybody laughs. "What's so funny?" I ask everybody.

"Everybody has a crush." Laughs Nick.

"Well not me." I tell him.

"Oh come on." says Maryann. "That's bullshit and you know. It's that Alex kid isn't it?" Alex?

"It's not Alex. He's my friend that's weird."

"Is he hot?" asks one girl. I don't know what to say.

"Well if he looks anything like his brother he should be." says Maryann.

"You know Alex's brother?" I ask her.

"Yeah I totally slept with h- I mean we were friends when we went to the same school." She corrects herself.

"Slut." Nick coughs.

"Whatever let's just keep playing." Maryann says annoyed. We make our way around the circle and it gets back to Shane.

"I pick..." he starts. Please not me again. Anyone but me. "Lillian." he says to me. "Truth or dare?"

"She's gonna pick truth." one boy mumbles but I hear him.

I do something crazy and say, "Dare." but instantly regret it.

Shane smiles. "I dare you to make out with me." my eyes widen.

"Dude she's like twelve!" Maryann yells.

"I'm fourteen." I correct her.

"I'm trying to help you." she says.

"Fine just take a shot." Shane changes his dare. The girl who's drinking it passes the bottle down to me. I look at the clear liquid. Vodka. I always tell myself that I'm never going to drink and especially underage drink.

But I don't want to look lame in front of everybody so I take the bottle, tip my head back and take a small sip. It burns going down my throat and I cough a little. "It's very... strong." I tell Maryann.

"It's an acquired taste but you get used to it." then she grabs the bottle from me and takes a sip.