Chapter 29

Lillian's P.O.V

"So here's the pool." Matt says to my during the penthouse tour.

"A pool on the roof? Is that safe?" I ask.

"Ahh who cares. A pool is a pool." Cameron says.

"Last stop is your room, Lil." Matt tells me then turns to Hayes. "And it's right next to mine."

"I get it Matthew. I won't talk to her, I won't look at her, I won't even breathe in her direction. Happy?"

"Yes. Very." Matt smiles and grabs my bag. "Is this all you brought, Lilly?"

"Yeah I didn't want to bring a bunch of stuff."

"Hmm. We can go shopping this weekend." Matthew smiles.

Ugh. I hate shopping. Don't get me wrong new clothes are nice but I don't like going to the mall where there's a bunch of people and trying on the clothes is a hassle. Plus it just reminds me how much weight I've gained since I've stopped being bulimic.

"Okay." I tell Matt.

"Well Lillian why don't you start unpacking and I'll call you out for dinner later." My brother hands me my bag and I follow Hayes into the room. He starts unpacking his stuff and doesn't say a word to me. I'm normally really shy but the awkward silence was driving me crazy.

"You know Matthew was just kidding about that stuff you said. You can talk to me if you want." I tell him.

"I don't really think he was kidding, but I don't care. I talk to whoever I want." Hayes says.

"Yeah me too."

"He's making a big deal out of nothing, I'm sure boys are all over you back home." He says.

I laugh, "Not exactly."

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Boys are definitely not all over me. I've never even had a boyfriend."

"Is there a boy you have a crush on?" He asks. I think of Alex.

"Um yeah kind of." I say blushing.

"Does he like you back?"

"Well he tried to kiss me once but I think he just felt bad for me because I was crying." I say.

"Why were you crying?"

"Matthew had just left. But anyway I don't think he likes me like that."

"Are you kidding me? You're gorgeous as hell."

"Well thank you but it's not all about looks." Does he really think I'm pretty?

"I just met you but you seem nice enough." Hayes smiles.

"People think I'm... weird I guess." I don't know how to put it.

"Why? What do you mean?" He asks.

"It's a long story." and it really is.

"I've got time." he stops what he's doing and gives me his full attention. Oh god I don't want to actually tell him.

Matt bursts into the room. "Lilly and Hayes it's time for dinner." He stares at us. "Am I interrupting something?" He asks.

"Nope." I say and leave the room thankful that I don't have to tell Hayes my story.