Chapter 13

Lillian's P.O.V

I lay on the ground for a while until I remember that I should pack for Maryann's house. I text her my address then go to my room.

I'm all packed and waiting for Maryann. I check my phone to see if Matt has called or texted. He hasn't. I can't believe he didn't even try to talk to me. Maybe I should call him. But that means Matt would win. He knows I'm going to call him that's why he didn't call me. He knows I'll break first.

Well he's right. I dial his number and hold the phone up to my ear. I don't even know what to say but I have to talk to him. It rings five times before I hear you've reached the voicemail box of Matthew Espinosa-

I hang up not wanting to hear the rest. He didn't even pick up. He's probably hanging out with his friends, too busy to talk with his lame sister.

At least Maryann pulls up so I can stop thinking about Matthew. Spoke too soon. As soon as I get in the car Maryann started asking all about him. "Does Matt have a girlfriend?"

"I don't think so." I answer honestly.

"Is he ever gonna move back here?"

"Probably not."

"Since he lives in California is he rich or something?"

"Well he gets paid for some things but I wouldn't say he's rich." I grow tired of Maryann's questions.

"Does he send you money?"

"No..." why would she ask that?

"Why not?"

"Why would he? And I wouldn't take his money anyway."

"Okay I'll stop asking about your brother." She laughs. "Oh and I know I said it was just a sleepover but there's going to be a small party before that. And don't worry there will be plenty of boys there." Great.