Chapter 9

Alex's P.O.V

Lillian and I lay in her bed next to, but facing away from each other. I can't fall asleep knowing that we are in a bad place in our friendship.

"Lil? Are you awake?" I ask as I turn over.

"Yeah." she answers and turns to face me.

"I'm sorry I tried to kiss you."

"It's okay." she giggles. "Sorry I didn't try to kiss you." Really? "It's like one in the morning why are you up?" she questions.

"Because I kept thinking about wanting to apologize to you. Why were you up?" I throw back at her.

"Honestly I miss Matthew. It's my first night with him gone; we were so close and it just feels weird." she sighs.

"Yeah I can't believe he didn't take you with him or at least offer." I say in disbelief.

"He did." she states.

"What?"

"He did offer. He said I should go with him and I said no." She says like it's no big deal.

"Lillian! Why didn't you go?" I whisper.

"Because I just wanted to finish school here and I wouldn't leave you."

"Lil, I don't want to be the reason that you aren't with your brother."

"It's not just you there's other things to and besides can you imagine me in California? I'd look so out of place." she says.

"Well now that we have that off our chests we should go to sleep. There's school tomorrow."

"Alright fine." Lillian whispers and we go to sleep.