Chapter 26

Lillian's P.O.V

I wake up feeling refreshed. It takes me a moment to realize where I am but then I remember and my anxiety kicks in. I'm going to see Matthew today. What if he doesn't want me to live with him anymore? What if his friends don't like me? What if I ruin everything? I get out of bed and go to Alex's room but he's not there so I go downstairs.

Alex and his aunt are down there having breakfast. "Good morning dear." says Alex's aunt.

"Morning." I reply and sit down at the table.

Alex sets a plate of food in front of me. "Eat up Lil you've got an exciting day today." he says to me.

"Exciting is not the word I would use." I tell him.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Alex, I'm so scared. Just think about everything that could go wrong. What if Matt doesn't want me to live with him or what if-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there." he cuts me off. "This is your problem. You keep imagining these crazy scenarios that will never happen I mean do you really think he doesn't want you to live with him? He loves you he won't just send you home."

He has a really good point. Matt was the one who asked me to come in the first place. "Let's get going then!" I quickly eat my breakfast and get my things around.

I'm ready in under five minutes. We all climb into Alex's aunt's car and she drives toward California. I'm too nervous to talk but everybody stays silent for most of the ride.

"So what are you going to do once you get there and see Matthew?" Alex asks me.

"I'm not going to tell him I need him and I'm not going to cry. I'm just going to explain the situation like a grown up. I don't want him to think that I need to rely on him for everything." I say to Alex.

"Good thing you have that figured out because it looks like we're here."

I look out the window and see a beautiful but very large building.

"O-okay I guess I b-better go." I say quietly.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Alex offers.

"No I think I should do it alone." I get out of the car and get my stuff. I start walking towards the building when Alex calls for me.

"Lillian wait a second." he runs up and hugs me. "I'm really happy you're going to be with your brother." he pulls away. "Call me later okay?" He asks and I nod.

I walk right up to the entrance of the tall, intimidating building and take a deep breath.

Here I go.