Chapter 42

Matthew's P.O.V

After I left Lillian's room I went back to my own with Nash. "Hey." I say and Nash looks at me. "Did you notice any tension between Hayes and Lil?"

"What do you mean?" He asks me.

"Hayes stood kind of far away from her. It seemed like they got in a fight or something."

"I think he has a crush on her."

"He does."

"What?" Nash looks at me.

"Yeah he told me." I say.

"He told you? Why would he tell you instead of me I'm his brother."

"He didn't want to make it a big deal. it doesn't matter anyways because I told him he had to get rid of Courtney for good and we both know that's never gonna happen."

"Yeah I don't even know why Hayes is dating her in the first place. Back home he always hated those snotty girls."

"He's a teenage boy and Courtney is hot. How could he not date her." Nash and I get back in our beds. "I just don't know what to do man, her nightmares aren't usually that bad and she just kind of seems withdrawn altogether."

"Maybe she's homesick." Nash says.

"You think?"

"Sure seems like it. You know, whenever I get homesick my mom will send me something from home and it always makes me feel better."

"Hmm..." I say, and then it hits me. "I have just the thing."