Chapter 41

Lillian's P.O.V

I walk through the halls of my school. Why am I here? I went to California with Matt. Everybody is starting at me and I don't know why. I finally see Alex at his locker and I go up to him.

"Alex what's going on?"

"Why are you talking to me?" He asks in disgust.

"Because we're friends..."

"Why would I be friends with you? You're a freak."

"But I don't understand..." What was happening?

"We used to be friends. Before you became the suicidal weirdo of the school." Alex tells me.

"Where's Matt?"

"Who's Matt?"

"My brother. Matt Espinosa."

"You mean the famous viner? He lives in California."

"Yeah but I went too. How did I get back here?" I ask and Alex starts to laugh.

"You didn't go to California. He didn't even invite you."

"What?"

"He packed up his stuff, moved to California, and never looked back."

"But doesn't he come back to visit me?"

"Oh please I'm sure he forgot he even has a sister."

"Alex." Someone says behind me. I turn around and see Maryann. "Come on baby walk me to class."

"Later freak." Alex says to me and starts to walk away with Maryann.

"Wait Alex don't go. I don't know what to do." I yell after him.

"Why don't you go kill yourself and actually follow through this time." He says and laughs with Maryann.

"Lillian!" I feel someone shake me and I jolt up. Everybody is in my room staring at me. Hayes is standing the furthest away and Matthew is kneeled right next to my bed.

All of a sudden I burst into tears and hide my face in my hands because not only did that dream scare me but Matt and all of his friends caught me having one of my nightmare breakdown episodes.

"It's okay Lil." Matt pulls me into a hug.

"Did I wake everybody up? I'm sorry." I sob.

"You just talk in your sleep that's all. Honestly we're not mad we were just worried." Matt says and rubs my back. "Do you want to sleep in my room tonight?"

"No I'm fine." I calm down enough to answer.

"Okay. Goodnight I love you." he says and leaves with the rest of the boys.

Hayes turns around to go back to his bed on the floor but I stop him. "Wait Hayes will you lay with me?" He looks shocked at first but nods and gets in bed next to me. "Thank you."