Chapter 44

Hayes' P.O.V

I wake up with Lillian in my arms. How did this happen? I remember last night and how she had a nightmare and asked me to sleep with her. She's still asleep so I just stare at her for a while. I know it sounds creepy but she just looks so peaceful.

"Lillian!" I hear Matthew yell and his footsteps start coming towards my room. Shit. I quickly get out of bed, careful to not wake Lillian, and run to the closet making it look like I was picking out my clothes for the day.

"Oh. Sup Hayes?" Matthew asks when he sees me.

"Hey Matt. Just picking out my outfit." Matthew narrows his eyes at me.

"So... you slept in pretty late huh?"

"Yeah well you know... it's hard to get a good nights sleep when you're on the floor." I say nervously.

"So you slept on the floor last night?"

"Yep." I say quickly.

"Then how'd you end up in the bed with my sister?"

Shit. He saw. "Uh..." I scratch the back of my neck and try to think of an explanation.

"What did I say Hayes? I said that Courtney has to be gone for good and last time I checked you two are still together."

"I'm trying but Lillian doesn't want me to dump Courtney for her. I guess she'll feel guilty."

"If you're not going to break up with Courtney for Lillian, then at least break up with her for yourself. Because in all honesty Hayes, you deserve better." And with that Matthew left.