37• the night of the party (part 2)

(warning: irresponsible drinking)

Jungkook pulled me into his chest so we could hear each other better over the loud music

Jungkook pulled me into his chest so we could hear each other better over the loud music. "That dress really suits you, Williams. You look gorgeous". His hand was resting on my lower back.

I should be used to his charms by now but the compliment still came unexpected. When I glanced up to meet his dark eyes, I couldn't stop my face from flushing strawberry red. That happened so often when I was with him nowadays.

He had always been flirty with me, even before I had gotten to know him, even when we were strangers, only knowing each other through James. But now his compliments felt different for some reason. They actually affected me now. Instead of feeling annoyed, I now got shy. And I hated it. I couldn't even make a joke out of it or tease him.

He grinned when he noticed me taking in his appearance which I didn't do as slyly as I had hoped. I took in all the pretty details of his look. Strands of his soft black hair were falling into his face, the shirt he was wearing hugging his tight form, the silver necklace dangling from his neck matched his ear piercings. I knew training was tougher than ever right now and all the guys on the team were in great shape but Jungkook just took the fucking cake. I could feel how well trained his arms were just from the way he was holding me. All that, his trained form, how hot he looked tonight and how close he was to me really wasn't helping with my blush.

Thank god the lights were dimmed.

"Thank you, you look great too" was all I managed to come up with under his lingering gaze. I sounded so awkward. This was quickly becoming incredibly embarrassing for me and if it hadn't been for the dimmed lights and loud music, I was sure he would have picked up on how much he was affecting me. But he didn't notice. Thank fuck.

"Listen, Williams, if you don't stop flirting back, I'll start to think you like me" he mumbled into my ear. I knew this was supposed to be a joke but he was still holding me and almost automatically our eyes locked again. There was no smile on my lips. Instead of looking away, he held my stare. I swear to god, for a moment, just a short flickering moment, I thought there was something in his eyes that had never been there before. Was it..curiosity?

Whatever it was, I had no plan of letting things play out, so I looked away and he finally caught on and let go of my waist. "How long have you been here for?" I asked Jungkook, unable to hold his stare any longer without my legs turning into pudding. Luckily, the moment between us was over and that look in his eyes was gone.

"A couple hours" he answered. "The whole team helped set up since we're celebrating our win tonight". The decorations were honestly pretty impressive. I especially loved the colourful fairy lights that were hanging from the ceiling and wrapped around the handle of the staircases.