16• it's over

"Are you finally gonna tell me why you're looking for my best friend?" Jungkook huffed out as he led the way away from the restaurant, out of the parking lot- who knew where

"I thought James was your best friend" I muttered, ignoring his question on purpose but still following close behind him, sticking to the tall boy like a shadow. Wouldn't want to get lost out here.

Jungkook shook his head, pushing some of his night-black hair out of his forehead. "Are you ever going to just answer one of my questions, Williams?" he grinned. "They're both my best friends" he added.

"Got it" I nodded, still trailing behind him like a little puppy, hugging the jacket he gave me earlier to my shoulders.

All sources of light were fading away behind us. I could barely make out the soft glow of street lights in the distance in front of us. Light behind us, light somewhere in front of us..but right now, we were swallowed by gloomy darkness.

I focused all my attention on Jungkook. Him and his shadow had merged into one dark silhouette ahead of me. Just follow him. Everything's fine.

"How do you know Taehyung?" he tried again.

"Long story" I mumbled, concentrating on where my feet were walking. "How come your two best friends don't like each other?"

Jungkook stopped in his tracks and turned around to eye my face, attempting to read- somewhere in my barely visible features- how I knew this. "Long story" he replied after a short pause. Haha..

"How do you even know where to find Taehyung?" I asked instead of getting annoyed that he was copying me by not answering any questions.

"I don't, it's just a guess" he admitted. Great. Fucking lovely. Wandering around in the dark for nothing.

"Well- how far until we're there?" I spoke up again after a few more minutes of walking straight into nothingness.

Not that I was getting scared by the pitch-black forest looming beside us, or the sudden noises of a leaf crunching or a gust of wind rattling through tree branches, or the fact that I had no idea how to get back to the restaurant at this point.

Me? Scared? Frightened? Of the dark? ..hAhahHAAA- yes. Very much so. I was on edge actually, fingers starting to tremble, goosebumps forming on my arms and legs.

"You'll see" he answered but added "not much further" when he heard me groan in annoyance. I tried to hide how uneasy our surroundings made me feel.

"Remember that I picked this restaurant?" Jungkook asked.

"Yep?" I was barely paying attention to his words at this point, awfully aware of everything around us. Every shadow, every suspicious sound, every sudden movement in the forest.