31• jungkook

"Are you cold, do you want my jacket?"

"No, thank you. Keep it" I shook my head. "I like how cold the wind feels" I smiled, my arm stretched out the window.

We were still driving, the fast food bag to my feet empty by now. Music, that I wasn't paying attention to, was playing in the background. I was staring out the window, watching houses and trees blur by as we drove past them.

Jungkook's neighborhood felt familiar to me even though it was pitch black darkness outside at this point. Only the streetlights were throwing specks of yellow light onto the asphalt. And the moon high up in the sky made it seem like there was a silver filter put over the quiet neighborhood.

It seemed familiar because James lived not too far off from where we were right now and I had lots of memories biking through this neighborhood on hot summer days during break to go see him. I recalled that there was a forest nearby. Soon enough we drove through said forest and I unbuckled myself for a moment to lean further out the window and glance up at the night sky to check for stars. The wind was ruffling through my short hair, a joyful smile brought to my lips at the sight of the moon.

"Careful" Jungkook laughed, grabbing onto the back of my jacket to secure me.

"The sky is completely clear, not a cloud in sight" I reported after getting back in my seat and closing the window. "And the moon is nearly full again. It's really pretty"

"I have an idea" Jungkook smirked after listening to me swoon over the night sky.

"Tell me"

"Buckle back in first"

"Aren't we almost there?" I grinned.

He glanced over for a moment before focusing back on the road, a smirk on his lips. I waited to see whether he would make me put my seatbelt back on or drop it. When he stayed silent, I buckled back in, a bit disappointed.

"My brother owns a pickup truck"

"Okaaay?" I asked, not sure what he was getting at.

"Just wait" Jungkook pushed some of his black hair out of his forehead. He was driving with one hand, shoulders relaxed, glancing over at me every now and then when he noticed my gaze lingering a little too long on him.

I didn't know what it was about watching guys drive that made them look so much more attractive in my eyes.

"Take a picture-"