38• the night of the party (part 3)

~Taehyung's POV~

~Taehyung's POV~

The moment I laid my eyes on her I knew she was completely wasted. I found her in the kitchen, standing on the countertop in that tight black dress, lightly swaying in her heeled boots. I had a feeling she could fall any second. Luckily, I got a hold of her just before she was about to break her neck.

I helped her down and she grinned at me like a child in a candy shop, her face flushed with heat from the alcohol, her eyes spaced out. She was gripping my shirt now without even the slightest hint of hesitation or shyness. But I knew this was only because she was drunk out of her mind.

I had seen the way she looked at me earlier. She seemed anxious about seeing me, she felt uneasy.

"You've been avoiding me, haven't you?" the question left my lips before I could close my mind off to her or build up a guard.

It took a moment for my words to register in her mind but then her eyes suddenly widened. "Noooo" she gasped, acting shocked. "Me? Noo. What?"

She already made it hard for me not to smile. I bit down on my lip to suppress it. "You didn't call me though" I said. She was still holding onto me.

"No, I didn't" she pouted, pulling her short black dress down. "Sorryy"

"And you've been avoiding me tonight as well. Do you want to tell me why?" I asked, giving her another chance.

She looked into my eyes, a new smile forming on her lips. Mischief was glimmering in her eyes. I waited for her to talk but instead she reached out to me and touched- my nose?

"Nope" she giggled, booping the tip of my nose. I had never seen her like this, playful, almost childish. Usually, she just got horny when she was drunk.

I gently took hold of her hand and moved it out of my face, a small smile forming on my lips. She was completely hammered. Maybe it was wrong to interrogate her in this state but I wanted an answer. I preferred to know where I stood with people. No games, no bullshit.

"Hanna, stop. Answer me: why are you avoiding me?" I took on a more authoritative tone but it seemed to have absolutely no effect on her.

"I'm not avoiding you right now, am I?" she smirked, still holding my stare and seeming not the least bit intimidated by me.

"Hmm" I hummed, looking her up and down. "should I go then? Since you have nothing else to tell me."

"Nooo, stay!" she shouted, grabbing my arm. "I'm having a great time drinking. Do you want tequila? I found some" her eyes left mine to search the counter for the tequila bottle she had been holding onto earlier like a piece of treasure.

"It's here" I said, reaching for the tall glass bottle. "I think you've had enough though, no?" I smirked, holding the bottle up above her head when she attempted to snatch it from me. Even when she had heels on, I was still a good bit taller than her.