8• we meet again- pt.1

No matter how tough, how strong, how confident you think you are, everyone needs friends in their life that have your back and don't hesitate to defend you in front of others

No matter how tough, how strong, how confident you think you are, everyone needs friends in their life that have your back and don't hesitate to defend you in front of others. Everyone needs people to rant to, people to lean onto and cry your eyes out to, people to tell your lame jokes and lose yourself in laughter with.

People who will hold your hand through thick and thin and be there when no one else seems to be. People who will listen to you not for the sake of answering but for the sake of understanding. People who pick you up when you fall, again and again.

No matter who you think you are, everyone needs close friends in their life.

And for me, the person that combined all that, the person I called my best friend was Sammy. She was absolutely everything I could ask for in a friend. She always had my back, no matter what, even when she's mad at me which happened very rarely, she would still always defend me in front of other people, never taking anyone's shit.

When the whole world seemed to be against me, Sammy was there, right beside me, holding my hand with her infamous smirk, ready to beat someone's ass. She would always listen to my crap even if it's the same drama she's heard a hundred times, she'll whine and complain, sure, tell me I'm an idiot for making the same mistakes again and again but she would always listen and that's what counted.

On top of that, if you catch her on a good day she could give really heart felt advice, not that I ever listened to her but I still appreciated the effort.

Sammy laughed at my dumb jokes and the countless memes I send her every day, sarcasm was basically her second language, she won't hesitate to roast the life out of me every chance she got but she never purposely hurt me or made fun of my insecurities.

She got angry with me, most of the time even angrier than I was myself even if it didn't affect her whatsoever, my pain really was her pain as well and you better beware of a pissed off Sammy. The girl might not look like much but boyy- could she be terrifying when she's mad, you wouldn't want to get on her bad side, ever.

Sammy was fierce and passionate and brutally honest. When you asked her for her opinion that's what you got, no sugar coating, no white lies, just her honest, unfiltered thoughts. I think that that's both her best and worst quality. She's always been very open with her feelings and when Sammy got angry, trust me, you will know because she was definitely not one to just quietly take injustice and go cry at home, oh no...

With everything she felt, she let it take complete control of her and when you did something to piss her off, if you truly managed to fuck with her, got on her nerves, manipulated her or, god forbid, messed with her best friends, you could see the anger radiate off of her in deep, dark red.