35• it's complicated?

"Sammy, Cat and I are gonna come to your party by the way" I told James on Wednesday evening, as he was packing up to leave

Day 2 of working on our Biology project had turned out even more productive than the previous day. No more awkward silences or uncomfortable questions, just focused team work. We agreed to meet up one more time on Thursday afternoon for final touches and to plan how we were gonna present our work. But I was fine with that. It felt like the two of us had finally gotten to an okay place. No, we were never gonna be proper friends but this was good enough. I could work with this.

"Cool" James smiled. "I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun"

"Is the whole team gonna be there?" I tried my best to make it sound like I was just making small talk. But really I just wanted to know whether Taehyung was coming.

"Yep, no one's canceled as of yet" James confirmed, zipping up his bag. "Alright, I really gotta get going, see you tomorrow, Hanna!"

"Bye James!" I managed a small smile and a nod. My mind was already somewhere else. Everyone was coming. So, Taehyung was coming. Damn it.

Reluctantly, I opened our messages again.

Taehyung
Hey. I feel like we should talk. I can tell something was bothering you when you left last time we saw each other. Talk tomorrow?

Me
I can't tomorrow, sorry. I'll text you when I'm free

Taehyung
Alright

Alright. Ugh. There was no way I would be able to avoid him at the party. He would find a way to talk to me. So, wouldn't it be easier to just get it out of the way now?

But what exactly did I plan to tell him? What did I want from him? I knew I liked being with him. And I liked sleeping with him a lot. But was that enough to risk getting my feelings hurt again? I knew he didn't date, so all I could ever be was his fuck buddy. And I hated his secrecy. Also, I still didn't know who the hell that pretty blonde girl from the game was or who she was to him.

My finger hovered over the call button for a good minute before I sighed, annoyed with myself and shoved my phone back into my pocket.

"You don't like not being his priority" Sammy told me over the phone. I had called her for advice. She was healthy again and had confirmed that her and the girl she was dating, Danielle were coming along to the party of the soccer team which meant Cat and I were gonna get to finally meet her.

"Maybe you're right. I know I agreed to being friends with benefits but I guess I just assumed I was the only girl he was gonna hook up with."