23• fixing things

Next Monday, Cat was back at school and after only the first two days, all plans of transferring schools were forgotten

We had expected a lot of gossip, some rude stares or even worse but no one even batted a single eyelash that she was back. In fact, a handful of girls actually came up to Cat throughout the course of the week and told her how brave they thought she was and that they were happy she was back. I had forgotten that Cat was liked by nearly everyone at school.

Nevertheless, just to be safe, Sammy and I never left Cat's side for the first week she was back. After a while, she even felt overly protected and assured us that she was fine with walking to her locker by herself.

Week two came around and things were pretty much back to normal. Most of school was as boring as ever with the additional stress of midterm exams approaching.

The three of us hung out every single weekend again like we used to and spent most of our school hours with each other. I also talked to Jungkook every now and then or had coffee with him sometimes, but mostly I tried to focus on studying.

I hadn't messaged Taehyung either since him and Jungkook picked me up from detention two weeks back. It's not that I didn't want to.. I just didn't know what to talk about or how to start a conversation with him.

A side effect of what happened to Cat was that we stopped partying altogether. No more house parties, not even getting drunk on wine at home. We kept it really PG. Studying and movies. Studying and movies.

Cat needed to get her Maths grade up and I was still struggling with not failing Biology, even though my test grades were fine. Sammy had no extra work, she just had to keep up with homework and tests like the rest of us.

Now that we stopped going out, I also spent a lot more time at home with my family. Since both my parents had full time jobs and were additionally both employed in leading positions in their respective companies, I only ever got the see them on Saturdays and Sundays. So when I used to go out a lot, I only saw them for a few hours on Sunday evening, at best.

Things were different now though. We now had actual family dinners every weekend and my little sister was home more because I had time to watch over her.

Seeing my family so much was..well..weird. Dinners were awkward and mostly silence filled. The food not home cooked anyways. It all felt a bit forced. I usually saw my grandma more than I did my parents.

Don't get me wrong I loved my family and I was proud of my parents' achievements, just all of us together was something I had to get used to.

My parents asked me about school and about my friends, I asked them about their jobs and..their jobs.. and I could tell neither party was really interested in what the other had to say.