10• too good to be true

More than anything I felt relieved to be hearing his deep voice right now

More than anything I felt relieved to be hearing his deep voice right now. We stood so close that I could feel his body warmth radiate off of him and smell his cologne. His hot breath was hitting my face and the rasp his voice held when he was so close to my ear, immediately relaxed me. Looking up at him with wide eyes, I couldn't believe that he was really standing in front of me again.

Our eyes kept their lock on each other and only once my mind fully grasped that yes, this was him and yes, he was still hugging me to his chest, did I realize that we were blocking the entrance by just standing there in front of each other, my hands resting against his chest and him holding my waist and pulling me closer whenever someone pushed past us.

I collected my thoughts, my very drunken thoughts that were all over the place. My voice sounded strained from screaming but he didn't seem to notice. "Do you wanna get out of here?" I shouted over the music. I almost let out a gasp when one of his hands gently grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me closer to his face so he could understand me. My skin was tingling from his touch but I bit down on my tongue and ignored it.

When I repeated myself I swore I could see a glimmer of light flash through his eyes, even if it was just for a split second.

"Gladly" his face lit up with a smile as he let go of my neck.

His smile was so contagious that the moment his pink lips curled up and grinned at me, mine did the same thing. It was as if I was looking into a mirror.

We walked down Gabi's driveway, out of her garden and down the road. The music got quieter and soon drowned in the night the farther we walked away until all I could still make out was a lowly buzzing bass in the distance of what was once blaring loud electronic party music.

I glanced over my shoulder. Gabi's house had fully disappeared out of sight. I stopped. "Do you have a car?" I asked. It all happened so fast I didn't even realize my hand had slipped into his.

"Nope" he shook his head, trying to keep walking but was stopped when he realized I was still glued to the same spot. He looked down at our intertwined hands as if he was also just now noticing them. He didn't let go of my hand though, only tilted his head to the side a little as he looked up at me.

"I don't either. How are we gonna get away from here?" my voice was still a little hoarse.

The question hung in the night air for a moment, unanswered until I loudly sighed and broke the silence. My eyes were fixed on the ground, more specifically on my shoes. Walking on wet grass in heels really wasn't ideal, they were covered in mud and slowing me down.

"You okay there?"

All he had to do was step closer like now and my heart was racing like crazy. I was still holding his hand, goosebumps now making their way up my arm. I carefully took a step back from him to calm my mind.