26• f*ck buddies

~the next day, late afternoon~

"You have to talk to him, babe"

"But I don't want to" Cat sighed, sinking back into the cushions of my sofa. "I'm not ready" she pulled her pink lips into a pout.

"Yes you are. You should've seen him, poor guy looks completely broken over what happened" I mumbled.

Cat still didn't seem convinced in the slightest. I watched her twirl her blonde hair around her ring finger, eyes stuck to the ceiling, avoiding my stares. I could tell she was debating what to tell me inside her head.

"Jimin is blaming himself, Cat. You know that's not right" I kept going, refusing to let this matter go. Yes, I had somewhat gotten attached to Jimin in the past few days and I felt like he didn't deserve the misery he was in right now. He wasn't at fault for what happened.

Cat was about to say something when the living room door flung open and Sammy walked in, staring me down with furrowed brows as if I was a criminal.

"You don't look sick" she stated, lips pressed into a thin line. "Why weren't you at school today?"

"I told you. Period cramps" I lied.

"Hmm" she looked me up and down in my sweatpants and loose shirt but let it go when she noticed the heating pad I was pressing to my lower stomach. "Fine" she rolled her eyes and plopped down beside Cat, dropping her bag to the floor.

Okay, the heating pad was just a prop. What do I have to say in my defence? Well, lying to Sammy was really difficult for me and I needed my lie to be more convincing.

I didn't exactly know why I felt the need to lie to them, I just somehow couldn't bring myself to admit that the reason I had randomly missed school was because I hooked up with a guy I barely knew. Again. And we stayed up talking and messing around until 4 am, soo I obviously slept through my alarm and decided to ditch school?

I guess I didn't want to tell them because I knew they'd lecture me and tell me what I was doing was stupid. And well..it was pretty stupid.

Because you know what the reasonable thing to do after a breakup would be? To take a break from guys and prioritize yourself for a while. Figure yourself out, practice self-care, all that. And I knew this.

On the contrary, do you know what's really dumb to do after a breakup that left you with a broken heart? Agreeing to be someone's fuck buddy.

Now guess which one of the two I decided to do..

Taehyung's deep voice came back to my mind.