18 | The Royal Trouble

"GIVE RESPECT TO THE Royals," a low voice announces, and like what happened at the stadium during the assembly, all the white uniforms bowed. Max takes a deep breath and slowly bows his head as well.

    PHD heads inside first with Kim Hee-joon walking right in front of them. Behind him is his Hot Wingmen, and then the Pretty Duo, and followed by the Dangerous Five.

     Unlucky for Max, Ari, and Felix, their seat is right beside the aisle. Max tries his best not to look up as he catches a glimpse of the princes walking in front of him. But as he kept his head low, he suddenly saw a pair of boots in front of him. Max slowly looks up and is surprised to see one of the members of Dangerous Five staring at him from head to toe.

     As soon as Max's eyes met with his, the prince forcefully pushes Max's head down, making Max bow even lower. "Does your back hurt? You can't even bow properly? Huh, peasant?"

     Max's eyes widen from shock as his peak cap falls off him. He couldn't even say anything. He tries to look up, but the prince pushes him down even lower.

      The students surrounding Max couldn't help but tremble in fear. The atmosphere was turning bad, so another prince approached them to calm the other prince down, specifically Ren Adachi, the guy who had helped Max find his class before.

     "Now that's not very polite, Wang Jun. Let go of the serf's head," Ren stated, and without hesitation, the prince named Jun lets go of Max.

     Max slowly stands straight. Ren walks in front of him and curtsies, and before he could take his leave, he moves closer to Max and says, "But as a form of respect for our system Maximilian Leigh Sinclaire, do bow properly next time."

     "Or how about I just shove his head on the ground so we can teach him some manners?" another prince suggests while draping his arm around Ren.

     The members of PHD crowd around Max, making both Felix and Ari gulp in fear for their friend's well-being. Soon after, their leader, Kim Hee-Joon, joins them, instantly making the rest of PHD move away to give him some space. Hee-joon stares at Max from head to toe with his cold yet empty eyes.

     While the white uniforms kept bowing, Marcus on the other hand was being pinned on the table by their leader, Hans. When Wang Jun shoved Max's head earlier, Marcus almost ran down the balcony to help him. Thankfully BND got a hold of him and immediately pinned him down and covered his mouth. They knew that getting involved with the royals was out of the question.

     Hee-joon continues to stare at Max before finally opening his mouth. "What did you guys even expect from a child who was raised by a witch? Now let him be, I'm starving," Hee-joon says, and as soon as he turned his back on Max, Max grabs him by the shoulder, forcefully making the prince face Max again.

    PHD got surprised by the sudden action. One of Hee-joon's right-hand-man was about to punch Max for touching their leader, but Hee-joon lifts his hand, signaling them not to do anything.

     Hee-joon stares at Max, and for a second, his bored expression changed into amusement. "Were you bothered by what I said? Why? Your mother was cruel, everyone knows that. She was so evil that someone even killed her. You should be thankful she got killed later than anyone expected. At least you had more time to be with her," Hee-joon says with no hint of emotion. He knew that this will trigger Max, and he was right.

     Max's rational thinking completely left him. Everything about status and rules went out of the window as he grabbed the princes' leader through his neck. All of the students finally stood straight, their eyes wide from shock and disbelief when they saw Max strangling a prince.