91 | Family Secret

MARCUS WAS RUNNING DOWN the hallway like his life depended on it. He was pushing those who stood in his way, not even caring if they'd stumble or not. The only thing that's in his mind now is getting to the clinic as fast as he could.

     He was at an important meeting with BND just a moment ago, discussing something regarding the information that Hans got after he met up with all the brotherhood leaders. While they were planning on what to do about it, Marcus received a message from Krist, telling him that Max had a panic attack and is now in the clinic. Honestly, he wouldn't have been in such a hurry if the last sentence wasn't "he's starting to remember everything."

     "Max..." Marcus says with a worried tone, clenching on something that's in his hand.

     When Marcus finally arrived at the clinic, he runs straight to Max's room and pushes the door open, revealing Max lying in bed with Ari, Felix, and Ervin standing on the side of it.

     "Marcus!" Ari says with shock, surprised that Marcus got there earlier than they thought.

     "How is he?" Marcus asks as he approaches his brother.

     The three friends move away, and Ari answers, "He's fine now. Krist somehow knocked him out, and the doctor said he'll wake up after an hour."

     Marcus takes a deep breath and reaches out to Max, touching his head and patting it like he always does. With everything that happened, he's just glad that Max didn't do anything rash.

     "Did Max say anything unnecessary to any of you?" Marcus finally asks, looking back at Max's friends.

     Ari looks at the others before answering, "I don't know what you're talking about, but he didn't say anything to us."

     "Marcus, what's going on?" Felix then asks.

     Marcus takes a deep breath and takes a seat at the edge of the bed. He knew that he's not allowed to say anything, even if these were Max's close friends.

     "After father took Max's inheritance away, I knew that this was eventually going to happen. We can't always hide everything from him," Marcus says, but he doesn't say anything about it anymore, making the three look back at him with a confused expression.

     Marcus then walks towards Ari and hands him something.

     Ari opens his palm and was surprised to see that it was actually a pill.

     "W-What is-"

     "I have to go back to the meeting, so you'll have to do this for me. Before Max wakes up, dissolve this in water and make him drink it. A spoonful should be enough," Marcus says before looking back at Max.

     "I'm sorry but...what the hell is this?"

     "That's not something you should know."

     "No, if we're going to make him drink something while he's unconscious then we at least have the right to know what it is. There is no way in hell we're doing this for you," Ervin bravely tells the duke.

     And even though Ari and Felix didn't say anything, they agreed to what Ervin said. They weren't going to feed their friend anything. This might as well be poison.

     "You three are seriously..." Marcus pauses and massages his temple. There was no point for him to not tell them about it now. "It's some kind of suppressant."

     "Suppressant?" Ari asks with furrowed brows.

     Marcus takes a deep breath and adds, "For his memories."