28 | A Boy Who Likes To Play

IT DIDN'T EVEN FEEL like a second when Max opened his eyes again. Max's head hurt, and so does his entire body. He repeatedly closes and opens his eyes to adjust to the light. And after a couple of seconds, he becomes aware of the fact that he's actually inside a toilet cubicle.

     Max tries to move, but he realizes that he couldn't even move his hand. He notices then and there that his hands and feet are actually tied up.

     Max isn't wearing his paint-stained coat anymore, but what surprised him the most was that the buttons of his shirt were now completely undone, and the words public toilet was written on his abdomen. His pants were also pulled down, giving anyone who would see him a full view of his boxers. To top it all off, his mouth was covered with duck tape.

     For a second Max thought he was kidnapped, but deep down he knew that no one else would pull a stunt as dangerous as this than the Jokers.

     The restroom is silent except for the annoying sound of water dripping from the faucet. Thankfully the silence helped Max concentrate and take deep breaths. Max remains calm despite his current state, which is commendable since anyone who would be in his position would immediately panic.

     Max wanted to know how far Jokers would go, but it looks like it was on a level that none of them expected.

     "Max!" someone suddenly shouts from outside.

     Max's eyes automatically widen as soon as he heard the voice that called out for him. There was no doubt that it was his brother, Marcus.

     "Max! Where the fuck are you?!" The voice continues to shout, but louder this time.

     The screaming continues for a couple more seconds before the restroom door finally opens. Max tries to say something, but words couldn't come out thanks to the tape covering his mouth.

     "This is the last restroom that we haven't been to. If Max still isn't here, we have to tell your uncle," the voice suddenly says, and Max was a hundred percent sure that it was Ari's voice.

     "No, he has to be here. Max! Answer me!" Marcus continues to shout.

     Max tries to make noise despite his situation. He screams his lungs out even though it was muffled, and that was enough to catch someone's attention.

     "I heard something!" Khian, Marcus's closest friend and a member of BND who decided to help look for Max, shouted.

     "Max?!" Marcus continues to call out.

     Marcus starts kicking each cubicle door open, and when they finally kicked the cubicle where Max is in, the door didn't budge.

     "It's fucking locked!" Marcus angrily shouts.

     "Marcus, calm down," Khian tries to tell him.

     "Calm down?! Did you not see the picture?!"

     Max pauses his thoughts for a second after hearing what his brother had to say. He assesses the situation and connects it with the picture that Marcus just mentioned. After connecting all the dots, Max takes a deep breath, finally realizing Jokers' intentions for doing this to him.

     "I'm gonna fucking kill that clown. I'm gonna fucking kill him!" Marcus shouts before kicking the door so hard the door was forcefully opened.

     Marcus, Khian, and Ari stood in front of Max with shock. They froze for a second before Marcus finally runs towards Max at full speed. And instead of helping him out of the binds, his brotherly instincts told him to hug Max instead.