95 | King Flavor

NOT EVERYONE CAN BE given the ability to think of a quick solution, but lucky for Cj - even after years of hiding in the dark - he was given the privilege to be assisted by one of the most famous heirs in the world, a Sinclaire.

     "That kid is really something. Even after everything he's been through, it seems that not a lot can waver him," Cj says as he stares at the cigarette packages in front of his desk.

     "It's either he has a strong mindset, or he's already too used to betrayal. Either way, both are frighting traits," he adds as he grabs a cigarette pack titled the King flavor. Cj has been working on this flavor for months, and the final sample just arrived today. It's the last flavor that will complete the King's Tobacco set.

     Cj takes a stick from the pack and stares at it. Unlike other cigarettes, the cigarette paper used is black, just like their uniform. Other than the color, what's really unique is the inside.

     "I hope this works," Cj says as he pulls out his lighter. He was about to light the cigarette up, but then his phone suddenly starts ringing, immediately making him stop.

     Cj places the stick back in the pack and shoves his lighter back in his pocket to grab his phone. When he saw who the caller was, he was surprised to see that it was from an unknown caller. But not really caring if it was a prank call, Cj answers it with no hesitation.

     "Hello?"

     "Cj, it's me, Max..." the unknown caller suddenly reveals, surprising Cj.

     "Max? How'd you get my number?"

     "I got it from Krist."

     "Why on earth would Krist still have my number?" Cj asks back, more surprised at that than the fact that Max called him on his own accord.

     "That's not really important now is it?" Max immediately says. "Bring your cigarettes and take your leave. I'm already waiting outside your building."

     Cj immediately stood up from his seat and went straight to the window. And like what Max said, a luxury car with a Sinclaire emblem at the front was parked right outside, making Cj chuckle.

     "So you really are here. Now what, you going to take me on a date?"

     "Was that what you were expecting? Too bad," Max answers with a sly tone.

     "Oh yeah, I'm not vice president Gavriil," Cj suddenly reveals. The atmosphere between them instantly becomes awkward. It was only for a couple of seconds of silence, but Cj could tell that Max was flustered by the statement.

     "Alright, let's not go there. Just get your ass here."

     Cj laughs even harder and walks back to his desk. He takes all six flavors of his cigarette and shoves them inside his pocket before finally walking out of his office. Employees who were there instantly greet him, and Rose, his secretary, runs out of her room to catch up with their boss.

     "Master Charles, is there a problem? Was there something wrong with the new flavor?" She asks.

     "I haven't tried it yet," Cj explains as he looks at her. "Anyway, I'll be heading out first so handle everything for me here."

     Rose was surprised, but she nods her head and bows at Cj as he finally takes his leave. As soon as he got outside, Cj ends his call and knocks on Max's car window. The window slowly pulls down, and Cj is welcomed with an heir who was still wearing his white uniform.