87 | Secret Meeting

CJ STARES AT HIS phone, rereading the message that his secretary just sent him earlier. He couldn't help but chuckle at it, surprised that Max actually went to his company despite how his father, chairman Christopher, treated him at the party last night.

     The news about Max's declaration spread like wildfire that even Cj received hundreds of messages from his associates. They couldn't believe that THE great Maximilian Leigh Sinclaire was willing to assist the "vanished son," Charles Justin Mills.

     Cj was excited of course since it would benefit him more than it would benefit Max, but right now, he has to handle something first.

     "Master Charles, we're here," his driver says, and Cj looks out of the window and sees a perfect view of the large gate of J.S High.

     Cj was wearing a formal suit, but he was wearing the Cigarettes logo and his crown brooch on his collar even though he wasn't wearing their famous black uniform.

     Their car drives inside as the guards open the gates for them. And since today's a Sunday, there weren't any students around. The campus was quiet and empty, making it feel like everything that happens in J.S High is only some sort of illusion. 

     Cj's driver parks at the Hall of Janus where other cars were parked as well. Cj then looks at his watch and sighs, his driver heading out first to open the door for him.

     "I'll message you if the meeting is over," Cj tells his driver as he steps out of the car and walks straight inside the building without waiting for his driver's response.

     Everything was quiet, and the only thing that could be heard was Cj's footsteps. Despite walking down this hallway hundreds of times, the emptiness made it feel unfamiliar. Students weren't running around, and there wasn't any noise coming from the Great Hall. J.S High has always been a big school, but only when it's empty can you feel its vast size.

     "How boring," Cj says as he continues to walk down the hallway with his hands inside his pockets. 

     After a couple more steps, Cj arrives at a hidden elevator that has a thumbprint scanner and a mini screen. Cj presses his thumb on it, and the screen instantly shows his face and the logo of Cigarettes. The elevator door then opens, and Cj heads inside, clicking on a single button that made the elevator go down.

     Not a lot of students know this, but J.S High has a secret underground area where only the brotherhood leaders are allowed to access. This is an area that the brotherhoods use whenever they have a very important and private matter to discuss. Even the members of the Elites aren't allowed inside.

     The elevator eventually reaches the ground floor, and the door finally opens. Cj is welcomed by a large glass window that shows the inside of a separate room that looks like a large warehouse. Inside that room were the different Battle Grounds, which is why the room is named Ground Station. This is where the grounds are made, and this is where it comes from whenever it gets lifted to the stadium.

     Cj walks towards it and spots a couple of men working on a certain ground that Cj wasn't familiar with. And while he was walking, someone suddenly calls out for him, making him stop in an instant.

    "You actually came. I thought you'd be too busy to go," the voice says, and Cj turns around and sees the master joker, Krist, approach him with a grin on his face.

     "Mj, it's definitely not nice to see you this early in the morning. It suddenly ruined my mood for some reason," Cj comments, making Krist roll his eyes in annoyance.