30 | A Joker's Game

MAX RAN TO THE stadium as soon as Ren and Aki told him about the place where Jokers was originally planning to perform their final act. According to the two princes, Master Joker asked his Jacks to bring Max to the stadium and publicly humiliate him there, which miraculously aligned with Max's initial plan.

     Apparently, lady luck is on his side on this one. But of course, even getting enough luck has a prize.

    Max asked for two favors yesterday. One from his brother, and one from BND.

     For his favor with Marcus, Max told him to lie to vice president Gavriil and ask him to keep the battle exclusive since BND has to settle a score with Jokers. Max knew that Gavriil wouldn't have enough power to decline him since it isn't entirely found in the rules that an exclusive battle isn't possible. An exclusive battle will also be enough so that the Jacks wouldn't be able to intervene.

     As for his favor for BND, Max asked Khian if they could convince their leader to pull Jokers' banner so he can declare a brotherhood battle with them. Of course, Max wasn't sure if Hans de Vries was going to agree to it since Marcus made it clear the BND's leader doesn't recognize Max as someone to be concerned about, but with how things are now, it seemed like his plan played out perfectly.

     "Sinclaire. This is where you stop." Someone suddenly says the moment Max arrives in front of the stadium.

    It was the Griffiths twins. It seems like the vice president's announcement was made official so even the other members of the Elites are involved.

     "I need to get inside," Max tells them.

     "Okay, then face suspension. We're easy to talk to," Dustin seriously answers back.

     "But I—"

     "You two. You are needed at the office by the vice president. I'll handle it from here." A voice suddenly says.

     Max turns around and sees the Elite's secretary, Richard Young. The two twins look at each other, but Richard continued to stare at them intensely that they had no choice but to follow orders and leave.

     Max got ready to explain himself or even try to convince the secretary to let him in, but Richard suddenly turns around and says, "I expect that you won't go inside like how a responsible white uniform should be, but I'll turn around and pretend like I didn't see you so the decision is up to you."

     Max's eyes widened from shock. He wanted to thank him for his unexpected help, but he knew that he would only be wasting time if he did, so he immediately ran inside the stadium without anyone to stop him.

     "Oh wow, the Elites are doing a very poor job in guarding the door. I'm quite disappointed." Viktor says the moment he sees Max enter the stadium where all the brotherhoods were found.

     Boys Next Door, also known as BND, was standing in the middle of the stadium with Jokers. The rest of the members of Jokers were wearing masks except for Krist, and from where Max was standing, he could tell that the Master Joker wasn't happy with the situation.

     "Look who's here baron! It's the toy that destroyed your precious little plan. I'm pretty sure you worked hard and risked so much for it, but it was easily disrupted within a day. Looks like even a white uniform can defeat you." Viktor suddenly announces, immediately making Krist look in Max's direction.

     Viktor was adding more fuel to the fire. He's enjoying all this even though none of this madness would have happened if it weren't for him.