103 | Consequences

THE WEEKEND WENT BY fast. After the reranking announcement, Max was able to go back to his somehow normal life. When he visited their company, everyone gave him a grand welcome. It was a very heartwarming yet amusing moment.

     Another thing that went back to normal was his father disappearing like how he always does. When Denzel announced that Max will no longer be his heir, Denzel was forced to stay in the country so he could handle everything himself, especially when Marcus wasn't a reliable new heir. So as soon as Max got back to his office, Étienne informed him that Denzel went to Japan on a business trip, almost making Max laugh. Though he really does go there for business, Max is very much aware that it's more than that.

     "It's been a while since I woke up without any worry," Max honestly tells his butler, Étienne, who was driving him to school.

     Étienne smiles as he glances at his master through the rearview mirror. He's glad that Max finally looked relaxed. After everything that happened to him, he was glad that Max was able to endure it till the end.

     "By the way, you have a meeting with President Lee next Saturday. He said he wants to congratulate you personally," Étienne tells him.

     Max, who was busy reading a book, asks "Is my schedule free that day?"

     "There's an employees evaluation at nine. I gave you their profiles yesterday. It's the folder I left at your desk back in the office," Étienne explains.

     Max shuts his book and looks back at his butler before saying, "Then I'll schedule the meeting at four. I think we'll be done by then."

     Étienne nods his head and mentally remembers what Max just told him so he could put it on his tablet where all of Max's schedule is. 

     Soon after that conversation, Max went back to reading his book, and the two enjoyed the silence for a couple more minutes because soon after that, they arrived at J.S High. Étienne parks in front of the Keep and heads out to open the door for Max. Max looks at his reflection on the rearview mirror first to put on his peak cap before finally heading out.

     Unlike last week, no one was there to welcome him. The students didn't give him any mind and continued with their lives, just like how Max wanted. Despite enjoying the limelight from time to time, Max enjoys the peace and quiet just the same.

     "Have a good day, master Leigh," Étienne says with a bow, and Max nods his head and walks inside the building, gripping on his bag.

     Max heads straight to his classroom, secretly excited that he can finally go back to his classes like normal. So as he got closer to his classroom, he was expecting to hear people shouting since his class has always been noisy, but surprisingly enough, the entire hallway was quiet.

     "What's going on?" Max asks with furrowed brows.

      For some reason, his chest suddenly felt heavy, so he walks faster to check what has happened to their class. He thought that maybe no one was there, but to his surprise, everyone was quietly sitting in their respective seats. Even Ari looked proper.

     For a second Max thought that their homeroom teacher, sir Barron, was already taking their attendance this early in the morning, but then his eyes widened from shock when he sees vice president Gavriil Alexeev standing in front of the class. Beside him was the Elites president himself, Ian Rothman.

     "President Ian," Max immediately greets, standing properly to give him a respectful bow. "Vice president Gavriil," Max adds, bowing to him too.