23 | Brotherhood Presentation

EVERYONE THOUGHT THAT THE brotherhood who would step out first would be Jokers, but the ones who stepped on the dance floor were surprisingly the counts, Cigarettes. For their presentation, they showcased their underlings, which was an aspect that they were known for, especially for the Ashes who were next in line for becoming the next batch of members.

     With their flags waving in the air, and their underlings doing stunts on the side, you'd feel like you're watching a circus, and Cj is the ring leader. If Max didn't know these guys are the Cigarettes, he'd think they're the Jokers because of the concept that they chose.

     "Cigarettes value their underlings more than anything," Cindy tells Max as they continue watching their presentation. "They give most of their resources to them, making them the underlings with the most power. If you want to be an underling, they're the best choice. But for your case, that makes them a very troublesome opponent."

     "If I want to go through Cigarettes, I have to go through those Ashes first. And those guys look tougher than the Cigarettes themselves," Max says, his eyes on the underling who was breathing out fire.

      The next presenters were Crazy 8. For the first time, all eight members were present. And like a masquerade ball, they were all covering their faces with masks. Crazy 8 is known to be elegant and graceful, so for their presentation, the Marquis took eight people from the crowd and danced with them. Even Cindy was invited to join.

      It was a simple yet enjoyable presentation, considering the fact that Crazy 8 doesn't have underlings, so they were just there to enjoy themselves.

     "Graceful as ever," Max says while clapping his hands to Cindy who just finished dancing with Crazy 8's leader, Siren.

     Cindy sits down and takes a sip of water. "It's been so long since I've seen Siren. Well, not really seen-seen, but you get the point,"

     "Does no one know his real identity?" Max asks out of pure curiosity.

     "Well, for what I know, even the Royals don't have a clue on who he might be. But don't be fooled by their elegant image. Crazy 8 is called crazy for a reason. They're the only brotherhood who started from the House of Pawns and shot straight to House of Kings during the Annual Brotherhood Reranking. Even my sisterhood was surprised," Cindy explains shocking Max.

     "Then it looks like they're going to be tough to handle."

     The third performer was none other than Boys Next Door, also known as the Dukes. As international as they are, BND showed a pageant-like presentation, showcasing their individual charms and talents. Everyone watched in amazement, while Max tried his best not to vomit when he saw his brother flirting with the crowd.

     "It's strange how I never even imagined that Marcus would join a brotherhood or any type of dangerous group like this. As much as I hate to admit it, he's a sweet guy. Fighting isn't something that I thought he'd be good at," Max says with a soft voice so Felix wouldn't hear him except for Cindy.

     "I don't want to put my nose in your family affairs, but there's a lot of things that you don't know about Marcus. Thanks to our family's close relation, I know you're related. But you being siblings won't automatically make you close," Cindy tells Max, hoping Max won't find her statement rude.

     Thankfully, Max took it with a grain of salt. "Marcus has always been secretive. If he wasn't, I would have already known about this school the moment he enrolled here," he explains as he looks back at the presenters.