20 | Brotherhood Week

FRIDAY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED, and the long-awaited club presentation is about to begin. White uniforms are busy finalizing their preparations as freshman students get ready to visit the clubs that they're interested in. But while everyone is busy with their clubs, the brotherhoods, who aren't allowed to join clubs, are wasting time while waiting for the bell to ring.

     The senior members of all the brotherhoods, whether they like it or not, are classmates, just like how the junior members are. They share the same room specifically named Class IV-Kings, which can be found at the Hall of Janus.

     Krist, who's sitting at the far back with Brave, stares at Busters who were playing around at the front. Busters are the only brotherhood in the House of Kings where all the members are seniors, so it's natural that they'd dominate the room.

    "Why are they fucking holding us up here? It's brotherhood week and we're not even allowed to walk around campus. Does that even make any sense?" Krist asks Brave who's busy playing games on his phone.

     While Krist and Brave were minding their own business, someone suddenly calls the Jokers' leader out. "Mj!" a low voice shouts.

     Krist looks up and sees Charles Justin Mills walking towards him with two other members of Cigarettes.

     "What did your brotherhood prepare for the Welcome Ball tonight?" Cj asks as he sits on the desk beside the spot where Krist is sitting.

     Krist takes a deep breath and doesn't even bother to look at Cj anymore as he starts watching the game that Brave is playing. "We're Jokers. When did we ever join any of the school's events?" He asks, making Cj nod in agreement.

     "Good point. But you should still attend. After all, that boy might be there," Cj then tells him, and Krist slowly lifts his head back up, making Cj smirk at him. "You might want to thank him for donating a hundred thousand dollars on your first battle. You should make it clear that you're very grateful for it."

     Krist doesn't say anything, but Marcus, who overheard their conversation, immediately stood up from his seat to look at Krist with a deadly glare. The sudden drop of the atmosphere made everyone in the room look their way, even Viktor and Hee-joon.

    "Sit down," Hans, BND's leader, commanded. But Marcus ignores him and walks towards Krist like he didn't hear a thing. Krist got ready to defend himself, but Marcus faces Cj instead and says, "May I ask what you meant by that?"

    The men behind Cj got ready to push Marcus away, but Cj lifts his hand to stop them. He then looks back at Marcus and smirks. "Oh yeah, we have a protective big brother here. What's wrong? You scared we'd do something to your little Max?"

     Marcus wasn't able to contain himself, so he grabs Cj by his collar out of anger. The members of Cigarettes got ready to attack, but Hans and the rest of the members of BND immediately stood up from their seats as well, instantly making them do nothing. After all, BND is still the Dukes, and Cigarettes are clearly outnumbered in this classroom.

    "Touch him once and you'll lose a finger. Touch him twice and you'll lose a hand," Marcus warns, not letting go of Cj even though Hans was already telling him to do so.

     Cj, who didn't even look threatened, smiles at Marcus and answers, "Lose a finger you say? I think I can manage that."

     "You son of a—" Marcus got ready to throw a punch, but someone immediately grabbed his fist to stop him. Marcus turns his head and got surprised when he saw who it was. Because the person who stopped him wasn't their leader Hans, or even Viktor or Hee-joon. The one who grabbed his fist so effortlessly was none other than Crazy 8's leader, Siren.