96 | End Of The Deal

THE NEXT MORNING, EVERYTHING that happened last night almost felt like a lucid dream. The live stream went extremely well and almost hit the 100k view mark, dozens of people were talking about the cigarette brand online that Axel used, and thousands of buyers started calling their company.

     Everything went well, just like Scarlet predicted. And just because of that single live stream, Cj and Anthony were now signing with three investors.

     "Are we all settled now, Mr. Charles?" the investor asks, and Cj and Anthony stand from their seats as Cj shows them his hand.

     "We're glad to do business with you, Mr. Quinn," Cj says, and the investor happily shakes Cj's hand before heading out of the room, Rose assisting him out.

     As soon as the door closes, Anthony slumps himself back on the sofa and unbuttons his coat. "That was the third one today. This is the busiest we've been. I couldn't even imagine that we'll ever be signing with investors. Who would have thought that we'll be able to pull it off even with your family blocking all our opportunities?"

     "Well, I'm glad you're happy about it," Cj says before sitting beside his right-hand man and co-founder, Anthony Rockefeller.

     Anthony laughs and pulls out a cigarette stick from his pocket before putting it in his mouth. Cj then takes out his lighter and lights Anthony's cigarette for him.

     Anthony inhales the smoke and lets it stay inside his mouth for a quick second before puffing it out. "How will I not be when I spent all my savings on this business to the point where my father almost took my inheritance away."

     "Do you want me to go down on my knees to thank you then?" Cj teases.

     "I would honestly love that."

     The two laugh, and then the atmosphere slowly becomes quiet. But as Anthony continues to enjoy his smoke. Cj looks at the broken television in his office and suddenly chuckles to himself.

     Anthony looks back at their leader with his right eyebrow raised, mentally asking him what he found funny. So Cj looks back at him and explains, "I can't believe I was furious about Sinclaire before that I even ended up breaking that very t.v. He was an annoying fella, but now I realize why I got so mad at him."

    "Enlighten me," Anthony says as he exhales the smoke.

     Cj takes the signed papers on the table and stares at them before saying, "He has the personality that I wanted. I thought people can easily break. Give them enough shit and they'll turn into ashes, just like what happened to me. But he was different; he was damn different. He was broken, but he took the sharp pieces and used is as a defense mechanism against his monsters. He fought back and controlled them. He learned how to take control, which is why he excels so much."

     Anthony stares at Cj and slowly puts his cigarette down. Cj was never the type of person to let his emotions show, but he knew that he was someone who's filled with emotions; emotions that he couldn't let go of.

     "It's scary how I'm starting to understand why Master Joker and Hans submitted to that boy. I might not even be surprised if we end up bowing to him like the others did," Anthony says, making Cj laugh.

     Cj snatches the cigarette from Anthony and uses it before saying, "Not a chance. I'm never going to bow to a Sinclaire."

     Anthony grins, knowing full well that such a statement is doubtful, but he doesn't comment about it.