101 | Promoted / Demoted

CHEERS AND LOUD MUSIC could be heard as Max and his friends walk their way to the Great Hall, not just to eat their lunch, but to witness the Monthly Reranking Announcement. They were going to be there the entire afternoon only for that event.

     Students are excited and nervous at the same time, especially when their ranks will be announced to everyone present, even to the brotherhoods. Brotherhoods also have to take a close look at the ranks as they can use this to help recruit new underlings or someone they can watch over in general.

     "It's like a festival," Max comments as they arrive at the Great Hall.

     Students were everywhere, and surprisingly enough, the teachers were also there. They usually eat their lunch at a private teacher's dining hall, but today they decided to eat at the Great Hall to check their students' new ranks.

    There were also screens attached on almost every corner so everyone can see their ranks when it starts flashing later, and there was even a stage in the middle where the Monarchs are performing.

    "Still can't believe Heaven's rank 6. I would have at least expected it to be their vocalist," Max then adds as they walk their way to their seats, avoiding the crowd who were hyping up the band.

     When they got to their table, a smile instantly appears on Max's face. It's been a while since he went to eat lunch like normal, so seeing the members of both Jokers and BND together made Max feel warm and happy inside.

     "Looks like everyone's here," Max says, also referring to the other brotherhoods who were already at their balconies.

     "Little Toy!" Master Joker shouts with joy as soon as he sees Max.

     Max, Ari, Felix, and Ervin approach their table and take their usual seat as Hans says, "Look who finally arrived. It's Crème de la crème's rank 1. Congratulations on getting your inheritance back Max."

NOTE: For reference, this is their usual seat in the Great Hall

NOTE: For reference, this is their usual seat in the Great Hall. Their table can only accommodate ten students so they had to take another table when BND decided to join them too instead of eating at the balcony with the other brotherhoods. The ones written in red are those who no longer change seats (it's their permanent seat), while those in black tend to switch around.

     Max sits beside Krist and thanks BND's leader for the greeting. Krist then drapes his hand around Max and tells him, "All of us watched the news at the rooftop. We were all rooting for you just like when you competed in that pageant. I'm so proud I could kiss you right now."

     "I'm touched," Max says with a chuckle, but then Marcus suddenly leans towards them and pushes Krist away from him.

     "Not a chance jester," he says before looking back at his brother. "But why'd you come to school today? You should have stayed at home to rest."