3.3 the hippogriff

Harry's pov ϟ

I sat at the Great Hall the next morning, constantly checking as the doors opened. I looked over at the huge clock that read 8:47am.

"Ron, do you know where Hermione and Y/N are? They usually come down for breakfast at 8:45, but they aren't here."

Ron looked up, his cheeks stuffed with scrambled eggs.

"Noe, they're probuly stull in bef," Ron managed to say, spraying the table slightly with eggs.

I grimaced as I flicked a piece off my robes as I heard the doors of the Great Hall open.

"Y/N! Hermione!" I called as they came up to the table, Y/N sat next to me while Hermione sat next to Ron.

"I can't believe I overslept! It's the first day of classes and my alarm clock didn't go off this morning," Hermione said frantically as she buttered a piece of toast and bit into it. "Y/N wouldn't get up so I had to practically pull her out of bed."

I looked over to see Y/N's head in her arms as she sighed.

"Hermione, it's only 8:50 and classes don't start till 9. Honestly, you could've just woken me up at 8:55 and I still would've gotten to Divination on time," she huffed into her arms.

I buttered a piece of toast and put it on the plate in front of her.

"Thanks," she said as she lifted her head and started to eat.

I grinned as I buttered another one for her; it had just the right amount of butter since she doesn't like when it's too buttery or when there isn't enough butter.

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. You shall discover if you have the sight-"

Professor Trelawney bumped into the table in front of her, nearly spilling the contents of the teapot as the class snickered.

"I am Professor Trelawney and together we shall cast ourselves into the future!" she exclaimed with her hands in the air. "This time we will be studying the basic methods of divination, which is the art of reading tea leaves, so please take the cup of the person sitting opposite of you."

Since there was an odd number of people in the class, Ron, Harry, and I sat together at a small table as we traded our cups.

Professor Trelawney went around telling people about their grim future as I turned to Harry.

"What does my cup say?"

"Erm," Harry mumbled as he turned the pages of the Divination textbook. "Your tea leaves form a..." he squinted as he tried to name the shape, "... a heart?"

"Really, what does a heart mean?" I leaned over Harry's arms to see the mini heart my tea leaves formed, our faces nearly touching.

Harry cleared his throat before speaking, "It means you'll see love sooner or later, I guess."

"That's quite interesting, what about Ro-"

"What a load of rubbish," Hermione scoffed as she appeared next to me.

"Where did you come from?" Ron asked, confused. 

Before Hermione could respond, Professor Trelawney shrieked in front of Ron.

"Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond? I think you are."

I turned to my left to see Hermione's annoyed expression and Ron's terrified face. Harry looked taken aback at Professor Trelawney's quick change in mood. In all honesty, he looked quite adorable.